Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The results are in~!:D
I love this exhaust...exactly what I was looking for. Of course, the rebel side of me wants it LOUDER!!!....but the peacable, wife loving, side thinks it's perfect!:tu:

No Dreaded Droan;) + Looks sharp (Stainless steel)

Please note that my exhaust tip actually dims this down abit + using Canon digital still camera for video....my darn Sony handycam quite working today??? (only worked for two seconds, sonds way better but coulnd't use the footage:rolleyes:)

Drove about 20 miles with a heavy foot:devil: total MPG = 16.4
Drove about 20 miles with normal driving and no excessive throttle pressure:ballchain:
= 19.8 MPG :eek:

Model 3030
Stock cat-backs into Magnaflow "Y" pipe then into stock resonator and stock Tail Pipe with Chrome muffled Exhaust tip(had one before install, it helps with poping) Going to add Aero Exhaust tip in a couple months $45.00:rolleyes:
Price:
$185 Aero Turbine 3030
$30 Magnaflow "Y"
$55 Inistall
Total: $270

Enjoy pics and video

Video/w/ sound clips: AEROTURBINEEXHAUST.flv video by sneekeemt - Photobucket

·
Registered
590 Posts
Man, I wonder what it would sound like with 2 mufflers, resonator delete, x pipe, and turn downs. I was lookin into Aero Turbine mufflers before I switched from my 2 glasspacks to 2 Flowmaster Super 44 Diamond Plate mufflers. Delete the resonator and it'll make it deeper and maybe a little louder but not much. How do you like your exhaust?

·
Registered
935 Posts
sounds real good!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I wonder what it would sound like with 2 mufflers, resonator delete, x pipe, and turn downs. I was lookin into Aero Turbine mufflers before I switched from my 2 glasspacks to 2 Flowmaster Super 44 Diamond Plate mufflers. Delete the resonator and it'll make it deeper and maybe a little louder but not much. How do you like your exhaust?
You could probably accomplish the same effect if you delet the rear set of cat-backs and resonator w/3 inch tail straight out the back. No sence in turnig into a "tru-dual" system unless you want to lose power and MPG. The reason I chose this setup; #1) keep as much stock HP, torque and snap as possible, 2) Cost (duals have no purpose other than sound), 3) Sound I wanted while keeping the wife & neighbors happy.

Do I like it?...re-read second sentance of the post!

The truck lost no snap or low RPM torque with this set-up!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Did you used to have a 2000 Tundra? In the very beginning instead of saying 2007 you said 2000.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you used to have a 2000 Tundra? In the very beginning instead of saying 2007 you said 2000.
hahaha....that's what happens when you stay up for 38 hours with no sleep! Sorry, I noticed it also after I put the vid togeter.... oops:rolleyes:

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Sounds great... I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the great write-up & vid. Pts sent!

·
Registered
590 Posts
You could probably accomplish the same effect if you delet the rear set of cat-backs and resonator w/3 inch tail straight out the back. No sence in turnig into a "tru-dual" system unless you want to lose power and MPG. The reason I chose this setup; #1) keep as much stock HP, torque and snap as possible, 2) Cost (duals have no purpose other than sound), 3) Sound I wanted while keeping the wife & neighbors happy.

Man being young is hard man. I'm 19 and can never make up my mind on what I want. I think I'll stick with my Flow's for a lil and then go to Aero.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That sounds pretty good! I don't want to hijack the post or anything, but I took my Banks Monster muffler and tail pipe off just for kicks a few weeks ago, and installed a little 3" dump pipe, and I'll tell you, it's no where near as loud as I thought it would be. I even towed and hauled some pretty heavy weights on an 11 hour road trip last week and it wasn't annoyingly loud at all. If I'd known this when I first got my exhaust, I think I would have just bought the Y pipe and run it open from the start. It really isn't as loud or resonant as you might expect and it sounds great.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Care to post factual data supporting such a ridiculous statement?

I also agree with the comment made on the vid,its very muffled and lacks clarity.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I heard cracking sounds. it almost sounded like a pop when you got on it. It appears to be very quite on the inside. Has anbody tried this setup with a different muffler? I am not spending that kinda dough on an Aero when I can get a Magnaflow, flowmaster or borla installed for less than $200. It helps that Im buddys with athe owner of a muffler shop.

That muffler wouldn't stay shiny for very long under my truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Care to post factual data supporting such a ridiculous statement?

I also agree with the comment made on the vid,its very muffled and lacks clarity.
Check your speakers or ears, like I stated, it's not perfect because I used a friggin digital camera.

A properly set-up single exhaust can have as much or greater flow as a dual setup at a fraction of the cost.

It is a fact that to much flow will result in loss of low end torque.
Eliminating back pressure is beneficial only for forced air induction.
Engines require exhaust gasses to be scavenged from the cylinders properly.
At low rpm, this requires a certain backpressure to be accomplished.
With a straight through exhaust, this doesn't happen until high in the rpm range.

Don't get me wrong though, the best possible HP comes from a straight through exhaust. Although, this moves your torque curve higher along in the rpm, and in the process, you lose a fair amount of low end. And, you engine may not rev high enough to take advantage of this.

Tho only thing dual exhaust accomplishes is draining your wallet.
Simply for looks and sound.

YES, they dool look cool and sound great but why spend that money when you can accomplish the same thing with a single system.

That's the beauty of the AERO TURBINE. It's design actually pulls the air our of the engine allowing for more flow in a more controlled manner.

Read this post for great info on exhaust :http://http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/458814-everything-you-wanted-know-about-exhaust.html

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I heard cracking sounds. it almost sounded like a pop when you got on it. It appears to be very quite on the inside. Has anbody tried this setup with a different muffler? I am not spending that kinda dough on an Aero when I can get a Magnaflow, flowmaster or borla installed for less than $200. It helps that Im buddys with athe owner of a muffler shop.

That muffler wouldn't stay shiny for very long under my truck.
Do some research into the MagnaDrones and Flowmanters first. There are plenty of threads on here. Both of those companies have reputations for producing the infamous "drone" and often guys end up removing them unhappy with the cab noise. Chambered exhaust like the powerstick is also a great alternative and there are tons of people who rave abut the sound and performance without the dreaded "drone". I chose this set-up because if the technology behind the TURBINE effect that the muffler creates as the airflow passes through. It alows sufficient flow from the engine without sacrificing low end torque. Just .02 cents. Yes, it did start to pop, granted that was at extremely high RPM's.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Two guys garage, get real. I am glad you like your set up. Too shiny for me as I us my truck for work not show. Enjoy it and keep us posted on real performance numbers (calculate your gas mileage and not off the trip computer which can be off).

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two guys garage, get real. I am glad you like your set up. Too shiny for me as I us my truck for work not show. Enjoy it and keep us posted on real performance numbers (calculate your gas mileage and not off the trip computer which can be off).
Those numbers I posted were as you described "real performance numbers" calculated by topping of the tank, driving 20 miles and re-topping off the tak and driving another 20 miles. I will however burn a full tank next time to get more accurate results and keep it posted.

yea, it won't stay shiny under my truck either, honestly it's a bit over the top, but no one see's in unless they crawl under my truck!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ok now that you insist on attempting to quote outdated "push rod gas engine exhaust theory" how about stating something in "CONTEXT"
Dual,Variable Valve Timing and Overhead Cam Gas Engine.
Your so blazed by the shiny that you believe a single muffler that allegedly sucks exhaust from DVVT is more efficient then a true dual unrestricted exhaust flow path.
I ain't trying to piss on your parade fella,you posted the BS and now your called out on it.

All the "data" on performance and MPG are already posted on this platform.
IFORCE 5.7 16-16.5 City 19-20 Highway(20mpg is achieved under 2K Rpm)
Throttle Body Plates,Cold Air Kits and muffler(s) have no effect on increasing or decreasing these numbers.THE PROOF IS OUT THERE!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Lookin pretty darn good!!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Negra, why r u hatin' in this guy so much??? He only said that he didn't have a loss in low-end, and that he's getting slightly better mileage. I think the setup looks & sounds good, which is probably more the point of his thread than talking about performance. What's your angle on this?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts