Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm past due for a build thread since most of my planned mods are complete, but here are details about my build and some pics of my truck as it stands today.

Current Mods

Suspension
Fox Racing 2.5 Front coilovers (for Tundra, part# 883-02-021)
Rough County UCA
Revteck Diff Drip
Custom Rear springs from Coil Springs (2.5" lift, rate 630 lbs/in)
King 2.5 rear shocks (custom from Jowlett Engineering)

Wheels & Tires
FN Wheels BFD (18x9, +12) in matte black
Nitto Trail Grapplers, 295/70/18
Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator (730103)
Power Slot slotted brake rotors
Hawk performance brake pads

Engine
TRD Supercharger, fit kit, intercooler and intake
Corsa exhaust

Exterior
Custom retrofitted HIDs with 4300k bulbs
TRS 2-stroke LED high beams
Yakima roof rack
Gobi ladder
Demello Hybrid Rock Sliders (June 2016 install)
Wilco off road Tire Gate
Tundra TRD Pro skid plate
OR Fab Transmission skid
Rigid SRQ2 diffused backup lights

Interior & Accessories
Katzkin custom leather seating
All interior lighting converted to LED
Weather Tech front & rear floor mats
Garmin Montana GPS
Dual Trumpet air horn
Bussman fuse/relay box
Renogy Solar panel Suitcase

Future Mods
Gobi Roof Rack
Off Road Bumper

Other Vehicles
2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition Premium (wifeys daily driver)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are some close ups of some mods:

HID projector retrofit

TRD supercharger (purchased from Roman at Toyota of Cool Springs and installed by Toyota of Hemet)

Mid-install of my King shocks and custom springs. (Thanks stom_m3 for the product referrals)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's why I will never recommend wheel spacers, they will eventually fail.

When I first lifted the Sequoia, I initially decided to keep the stock rims. Only problem, the Nittos rubbed the uca due to the stock wheel's offset.

To push the wheels out, I went with 1.25" spacers from wheeladapter.com.

Heres the truck with the Fox front shocks, Revtek rear rear spacers, and wheel spacers (approx March 2013)

The spacers worked without fail for about two years until we took a trip to Sequoia National Park. (At the time I was also running Bilstein shocks with Revtek spacers. )

The break occurred on the freeway at approximately 70 mph. Luckily the rotor acted as an anchor.

The accident "forced" me to have to by new wheels. The FN BFDs allowed me to obtain the same offset without using the wheel spacers.
Closeup of the side profile post install of the new FN wheels without spacers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
NICE MODS!

1- Who did you headlight retrofit? Is that a halo DTRL on the highbeam?

2- Any issues with the Supercharger? I hear in cold weather there are major issues (which forced Toyota to d/c the product).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE MODS!

1- Who did you headlight retrofit? Is that a halo DTRL on the highbeam?

2- Any issues with the Supercharger? I hear in cold weather there are major issues (which forced Toyota to d/c the product).
I got the retrofit off someone who advertised on either this forum or tundratalk a few years ago. I'm sorry, I don't have his information.

I've had no issues with the supercharger. I'm in Southern California, so its not too cold out here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very nice ride !!!!

How do you like the rear custom springs, are they an improvement over stock or do they feel bouncy? How do you like your coilovers ? What is your fuel range with the sc?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice looking Sequoia. How is the tire mounted hitch gate? Does it wobble much?
The Hitch Gate works surprising well for only being attached to the vehicle at one point. Theres a wedge lock that needed to be tightened down inside of the hitch that takes away any slack inside of the hitch. It does a good job of preventing any wobble. Additionally the materials used on the system are solid

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Very nice ride !!!!

How do you like the rear custom springs, are they an improvement over stock or do they feel bouncy? How do you like your coilovers ? What is your fuel range with the sc?

Thanks,
David
The front and rear shocks are an improvement over the stock suspension which I felt was too soft. Also, since the rear springs were were made firmer than the stock springs, they better accommodate the extra weight I carry around, mainly from the tire carrier at the extreme rear of the vehicle.

The SC did not affect mileage as drastically as the lift/tire setup. After installing the lift and tires my mileage dropped on average about 2-3 mpg. That decrease stayed about the same after the install of the SC.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am curious about how the process went when you ordered custom rear springs. You got 630 lb/in but what is the spring rate on the original OEM rear coil springs? What specification information did you need to provide when ordering? Did you get exactly what you were expecting in terms of ride height with the new springs? Thanks for any suggestions you can provide for a newbie.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It was an easy process ordering from coil springs. I initiated the order on their website and within a day one of their engineers called me back to get specifics of what exactly I needed including how much extra height I needed after the springs were installed and the extra load I was carrying. The engineer then designs the springs according to the specifications discussed and sends back an email with all of the spces. You will need to provide them with the stock spring part numbers for your specific vehicle. Stock rate for the sequoia rears is 478 lb sq/in. The ride height increase from the new springs was spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thank you. Just what I need to know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got the Demello sliders on, just in time for our trip to Utah. Overall I'm happy with the final product.

Closeup of the mounting location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've decided to sell the Sequoia. Its listed in the classifieds section of this forum here:

2010 SR5 Sequoia - Supercharged - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

If it doesn't sell as-is, I'll part out all the mods and sell them separately. Let me know if you have any interest in either the mods or the vehicle as a whole. I have a dealer who can remove the supercharger and reinstall in another vehicle located in Southern California.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've decided to sell the Sequoia. Its listed in the classifieds section of this forum here:

2010 SR5 Sequoia - Supercharged - Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum

If it doesn't sell as-is, I'll part out all the mods and sell them separately. Let me know if you have any interest in either the mods or the vehicle as a whole. I have a dealer who can remove the supercharger and reinstall in another vehicle located in Southern California.
I am interested in the spare tire carrier as I was looking to do this mode next as keeping a spare tire under the truck is not a great idea on a trail with clearance issues. I am in Vegas, so I could head out that way to pick up. How much were you thinking? did you go with the off-set or center option? Did you get the high lift mounts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am interested in the spare tire carrier as I was looking to do this mode next as keeping a spare tire under the truck is not a great idea on a trail with clearance issues. I am in Vegas, so I could head out that way to pick up. How much were you thinking? did you go with the off-set or center option? Did you get the high lift mounts?

Tip Toe - PM sent. The tire carrier I have is an offset mount. For bigger tires (295/75/18) the center mount had clearance issues.

It looks it will be more cost beneficial for me to sell all the mods separately, with the exception of the SC which is a couple days labor to pull off. Let me know if anyone else is interested in any other parts. I can pull things off before I sell the Sequoia. I have hopes my new vehicle will be delivered before the end of the year, but its possible that it may not come until later in 2017.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts