Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, but can anyone tell me where to look for the after market tail lights for Corolla's? You know, the Lexus looking ones.

Any help is appreciated.

Bubmar22

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can find after market tail lights on eBay.
Just what, pray tell, are Lexus looking ones?
Do you mean LED type?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new in here. Just want to give some suggestions.
Yes, aftermarket parts from ebay but you have to get the right parts and the quality are not that good(friends told me). If you want parts like your tail lights, try to purchase your Toyota tail light Lens here. Some of my friends got their parts in here, and told me it's good. I'm also asking my dad to look over his torned parts in here. Just try..
www. autotoyparts.com

It will help.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dorthy,

I looked at the site you suggested, and saw the same exact lights you can buy on eBay, only they were twice as expensive.
eBay venders who deal with these parts, sell them for a whole lot less.
You can see one type in the picture I posted on this site of my car.
The quality is just as good as Toyota's, because it is made by the same company that makes Toyota's tail lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phil, do you have a picture of your GT looking straight on from the back? Where did you get those tail lights?

Also, is that your white Corolla S? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
144 Posts
bubmar22,

I just uploaded shots of my `06, including a head-on, rear end one.
This car is now in a finished state, but with one upgrade yet to go.
I plan on replacing that fuzzy stuff on the floor, that Toyota jokingly refers to as carpeting, with REAL automotive carpeting.
I am only waiting for the manufacturer to finish the mold for it.
Should be out in July sometime.
The wheels are 17x7 chrome "X"...205x55x16 Goodyear ComforTreds, TRD springs, and Dropzone shocks and struts. I have a Progressive rear sway bar, but might get the TRD bar because it is a little stiffer. The side windows are tinted 35%, and the rear is 20%. The headlights have 180 watt Yellow bulbs, and the fogs have 115 watt XTreme White Plus PIAA's. You will also notice that the lower grill has been blocked off completely, and this car also has a Borla catback exhaust. Nice rumble without the tinny ricer sound.
I also modified the air intake so that the factory restriction is removed, and redirected the intake to a higher pressure area, out of the engine compartment. I also sound damped the inner body structure with foam, and glued dense foam closed cell padding in all areas of the trunk that can't be seen. This really cut a lot of noise out of the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phil, sweet ride man. I was also wondering if you had any pics of the white '04 S that was in that picture. I've got a white 2004 S and was curious what mods others with the same had done to theirs. Where do you order your TRD stuff from?
I haven't done much to mine, the windows are tinted and I have some Altezza lights on the way. Is it difficult to remove the tail light assembly? Any advice?

I apologize for all the questions in advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
TRD Toyota/Scion Parts Accessories from Sparks Toyota/Scion
Go to these guys and tell them what TRD parts you would like.
They sell them way below list, and they don't make any money on the shipping.
As for the white Corolla, I have no idea which Corolla you mean.
I don't own a white one.
Removing the tail lights is pretty easy, and after you pull the trunk liner aside, you will see the three nuts that hold the light assemblies in place.
Just make sure that when you put the new ones in, you get the gasket seated straight.
Those outboard pieces are the easy part of the job.
The trunk lid lights are not so simple, because after you undo the nuts, there are two more "slide" in fasteners that are difficult to detach from the assembly.
One comes off by rotating the assembly, and the other just slides off the end.
Almost everybody destroys at least one of them before they understand how it's done.
If you look at the new lights first, they will give you a clue as to how to undo the old ones.
None of this requires any muscle.
So if you find yourself trying to force it, then you are doing something wrong.
Either you missed a fastener, or you are moving the part the wrong direction.
I built the car, my way, to ride smooth, and not hard.
The springs dropped the body 1.5 inches (not 1.25" like TRD says) and this stiffened the ride up too much, so I found that "Dropzone" made a set of dampers that are tuned for shorter springs.
What a difference!
The stock shocks ride terrible, when mated to the TRD springs.
And to take yet more of the harshness out of the ride, I switched my tiers to Goodyear Comfortreds.
They are both quiet and absorb road shock better than the Michelin HydroEdge tires I had on it.
The sidewalls are pretty soft to absorb shock, so I just pumped them up to 35 pounds….perfect.
This combination makes the car ride more like a larger car.
And the Goodyear tires don't drown out the stereo, like the Michelins did.
Man those were some nasty, loud, screaming tires.
On brushed concrete they were so loud; you actually had to yell at the person sitting next to you, in order for them to hear what you were saying.
BTW, I also installed the automatic dimming rear view mirror with the compass, which Toyota says conflicts with the leather interior.
I don't have a clue as to why they would say that, because it works perfectly in my car.
Plus the Toyota directions have you tearing half the front end interior panels off so you can wire it up under the dash....what nonsense!
All the connections are available right up there above the interior map lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Disregard the white corolla question. I must have seen it somewhere else. Thanks much for the advice on the tail light replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts