Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I was out of town for business from late December to yesterday. In that time there were a total of 3 fender benders on the crewmax. Minor scuffing on the driver's side I buffed out on my own, 2700 dollars worth of body damage on the passenger side. I guess there were a few 'driving while blonde' moments in my absence, involving a frozen snowbank, an older Avalon, and some other obstacle she never fully described which punctured the tail light that had survived everything else. What it'll be going in for now doesn't even include the left and right tail light lenses she already replaced. And in case you were wondering, our tail lights are rather expensive. She said the dealership parts guy got quite a laugh but felt sorry for her when she got one replaced then called back within a week for the other one.

I've been nice as could be and told her not to be too hard on herself and that I still trust her, but thankfully she has come to the conclusion that she doesn't like driving it and will avoid it in most circumstances when I'm not there.

5 years on my old Dakota, the only major damage being from one incident where I was rearended with minor frame damage. 1 year and less than 10K miles on this truck and she will need front door skin repair, a complete rear skin replacement, and a repaint of most of that side of the truck.

The only good to come out of it is I've won major cool points by being Mr. Cool Calm and Collected throughout the whole thing though she knows how much I love the truck and how she's thrown such a fit over much smaller things. And she has also said now thinks tail light guards would be a good body mod.

Sigh...She is my little demolition derby champ, for better or for worse.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife hit a branch and it scraped paint down the right side. I banned her from driving my truck...

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
My husband inflicted the only damage that ever happened on my last Tundra - small scrape on my tow mirror and wheel from a drive thru. I joked that everyone was going to think it was me since I'm the chick. Would be funny if it weren't so true...

Anyways, so rest assured it happens both ways. I get mad about that stuff if it's careless, but in the end, it's just a vehicle. They can always be fixed.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
wow. im not so much scared for your truck as i am for the people on the road with her hahahhaha.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Yikes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My wife is not allowed to drive my truck!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Any pics of the damage and the crash derby champ?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
It took her that long to realize that maybe she shouldn't be driving a vehicle as large as a Tundra!??!

·
Registered
513 Posts
some people just destroy every car they drive. they do not do it on purpose, it just happens. i think it's best if they just get $1000 to $4000 cars and let them finish them off.

·
Registered
200 Posts
some people just destroy every car they drive. they do not do it on purpose, it just happens. i think it's best if they just get $1000 to $4000 cars and let them finish them off.

i think they should get more expensive vehicles, that way they might pay attention... for example, i only park next to other newer and expensive vehicles, because i know they don't want to scratch up their ride... or they should take the short bus

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think they should get more expensive vehicles, that way they might pay attention... for example, i only park next to other newer and expensive vehicles, because i know they don't want to scratch up their ride... or they should take the short bus
thats one of the worst ideas.... shoudlnt park next to others anway if u can help it. and around here its the goofballs in teh expensive crap that squeeze into small spots, fling open doors, and dont give a crap about their stuff or anyone elses...it amazes me seeing escalades, lexuses (lexi?) mercedes benzes, bmws, etc etc, u know nice expensive thigns squeezed into the tighetst spots banging their doors into people etc. my truck is a fraction of what some people have paid for a tundra or sequioa and yet i park mine by itself to avoid door dings and others just dont take care of them. lay bags and boxes on the hood or trunk, rest a shopping cart on the side of it etc...it gives me the chills to see people do that.

anyway, all that to say, just because its expensive doesnt mean the driver knows how to take care of it or anything else or even cares. half of those are 2 year leases and they just get a new one in 2 years and dont care anyway.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I don't trust them anymore than I do an old car.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may try to throw up some pics at some point. Minor scuffs on the driver's side side she said she knew nothing about, which I've pretty much buffed out to my satisfaction. Crumpled the bottom of the rear passenger side door skin, put a repairable dent in the front, scuffed up the bed pretty bad. Some how managed to bend the mudflap assembly so it's in contact with the exhaust pipe, which burned a hole through it and will continue to burn away uintil I get around to cutting it off. It goes in for repairs on her dime Thursday.

She owns an 04 TSX which doesn't look that great either. I've already mentioned the hydrolock story on here. She is just kind of a rolling disaster, though mostly she tends to damage her own vehicles.

Funny, she is the type who tends to pride herself on maneuvering something with inches to spare, I am the one who will back up and move the wheel a few extra times. She makes fun of me because I'd rather take an extra minute or two and take my time even when it turns out I had a ton of space. Yet she is the one who keeps having 'mis-haps.'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts