Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
What year is your truck?
The later year engines (at least from the '04 forward) already have factory adjustable cam timing.....that's part if the VVTi (Variable Valve Timing with intelligence)

·
Registered
118 Posts
ATS Cam Gears we take the stock gears, and make new centers for MR2's. I'm sure the Tundra gears would work the same way. Since they are scissor drive cams you can't dial in any overlap between cams, but you can advance or retard them and see how the truck responds.

·
7,925 Posts
What year is your truck?
The later year engines (at least from the '04 forward) already have factory adjustable cam timing.....that's part if the VVTi (Variable Valve Timing with intelligence)
I have a 2004 DC and can only wish I had VVTi from the factory. Would have really liked a five or six speed transmission as I only have a four speed automatic.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ATS Cam Gears we take the stock gears, and make new centers for MR2's. I'm sure the Tundra gears would work the same way. Since they are scissor drive cams you can't dial in any overlap between cams, but you can advance or retard them and see how the truck responds.
Thank you, I got you bookmarked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts