Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering where others have found spots to put aftermarket amps in the 1st Gen Sequoia's? I'm going to start with just adding a head unit and sub/amp.

Any thoughts/pics would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I removed and capped off the air ducts under both front seats to install amps. Adhered a thin board directly to the chassis floor under the carpet and just screwed the amps down through the carpet into the board.
You can fit an amp that is up to about 14-15 inches long between the seat rails that way, with over 3-4 inches inches of clearance from the underside of the seat.
Here's a pic of the one under my passenger seat:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Good idea!! I think I'll do that...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks really good! Any reason you didn't just screw the amp to the floor and put the board in first?

I'm just going to be running an amp for the sub which is going to be in the rear drivers side, is there any room inside the driver side panels in the back?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That looks really good! Any reason you didn't just screw the amp to the floor and put the board in first?

I'm just going to be running an amp for the sub which is going to be in the rear drivers side, is there any room inside the driver side panels in the back?

Thanks!
Mike
I don't quite follow what you are asking. I glued the board to the floor of the chassis, laid the carpet back over it and then screwed the amp down through the carpet into the board.

I just posted some pics of how I currently have my sub amp and sub box mounted here:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...inconspicuous-amplifier-placement-04-limited/

I used to have an amp mounted under the driver's seat for sub duty, but this amp will not fit in that location, so I built the amp rack to hold the amp and secure the very heavy sub and box to the chassis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts