Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my lift install, I all but break my antenna off when I go in and out of my garage. Anyone have a good aftermarket one? I want one that has good reception and is shorter that the stock one. Thanks....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a shorty antenna, kinda like a cell phone antenna with the coil in the center. I have not had any problems with it so far. I paid like 7 bucks for it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got he 21" black stubbie antenna from Performance Products and I can't say the reception is any worse than the stock one was. And it does go over the roof on my Tacoma, but the only problem is the first thing you hit will be your roof if you do not know your overall height of your truck. :mad: Here is a link.

Stubbie Replacement Antenna

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got the 12" stubbie antenna, and while it looks much better, the reception is worse. On most radio stations you can't tell any difference, but we have a weak-signal station here (103.1) that is mostly static now with the new antenna. Before, I could hear it clearly.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just ordered the black 21 inch antenna. I have always relied on the antenna as a test for low overhead garages. Keep in mind the overall height of your truck and pay attention to clearance signs. Also be careful with the metal signs that hang in many garages. They often hang below the posted height.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys...I appreciate your help.

·
2015 Tundra TRD Silver
103 Posts
Wait a second, if you must replace the antenna. Do the following: First, remove the 4 10mm screw bolts that hold the mud flap in place and remove the mud flap. Next, remove the passenger side front tire. Now there are about 7 10mm screw bolts along the outer fender edge. Then you need to remove the inner fender liner which is held in place by plastic inserts; the back side of these inserts is square in shape. So cut yourself some 1/2 inch pieces of 1/2 inch plastic pvc pipe. Take a piece of pipe and slide it over the back side of one of these plastic inserts pushing down firmly on the pvc take your thumb and press the center of the insert back; the insert should pop out. Do the same process to all of the plastic inserts first along the back side of the inner fender. Now pulling down on the inner fender backside; take a pvc collar and reach up under the back inner fender over to the front backside of the innner fender remove all remaining plastic inserts. Then you can remove inner fender to expose the under side of your old antenna. From there you should be able to remove the old antenna and install a new either power, short stubby, or standard antenna of your choice. When you install a new antenna, rub the base with blue lock tite and your new antenna will not come loose.
160 amp Alternator Denso, Gator Belt, Flex-A-Lite Dual #775 Electric Radiator Fans, KYB front Shocks,
Rancho Rear Shocks, Sony Explod Front Speakers with Tweeters 6.5 ", Nitro Rear Speakers 6.5",
Drilled and Slotted Front Brake Rotors, 194 Instrument Panel LEDs, Blue Glow Instrument Panel,
Kleen Wheels Brake Dust Shields Front and Rear, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator From Under Dog Racing,
Chrome Stainless Steel Radiator Hose from Summit Racing, Stainless Steel Brake Lines 2" Extended,
TRUSS HID 6000k Bi-Xenon 35 Watt Ballasts, Mod - Automatic Lock/Unlock Tailgate with key fob,
BAK-FLIP BED cover 4 section, Mod - 5" x 5" opening in brush guard to allow filter removal
without removing brush guard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts