Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just ordered a Kenwood DNX6960 and a cheapo backup cam to go with it. I was wondering if anyone had installed an aftermarket backup cam. I see that there is a backup cam cable already at the back of the truck that goes up into the overhead of the cab where the sun glasses holders are. I was wondering if anyone tapped into those or if it's just easier to pull a new cable. If the latter where do you bring the cable into the cab at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
With all aftermarket, it's easier to just pull the wires... the nice thing is that you have the factory wires to follow.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I found it easier to just run new wires. Ran them along the passenger side frame rail and then came up through the rubber plug in the front passenger floorboard, then up behind the passenger kickpanel and then on top of the dash support behind the glove boxes and then on to behind the head unit. You'll also need to tap into the blue (I think) reverse wire in the passenger side kick panel so that the camera can automatically come on in reverse.

Hope this helps,

Wes

·
Registered
12 Posts
i put the 6960 in my sequoia and love it. i used a boyo ccq camera that mounts on the tag. it is a very clear camera. night light is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts