Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
If that is a common Pioneer problem, I would try a search over at avic411.com if you haven't already.
Thanks for the quick reply. I did a pretty thorough search at Avic411.com a few months back, and there really wasn't much info. Guys had tried the Garmin and Parrot mics without much success. I called Pioneer and he advised me to try a Garmin. Nice huh, Pioneer knows it isn't working well, so instead of fix the problem or come out with a better mic, they advise you to buy another brand mic.
Anyway, I would like to try the OEM mic, just wondered if you could leave the amp installed or if that would harm the HU.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know when i get my Calrion in in about a week or two i will be using this. I think the best route is to try the mic with the amp. If that does not work well then bypass and see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For Anyone that has used the initial fix whereby cutting the power to the amp and bypassing the wires at the microphone, can anyone comment on the quality of the OEM microphone on an AVIC head unit?

I'm almost read to pull the trigger on the Z140bh...just nervous with all the install.

Thanks for any suggestions or words of reinforcement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone done this upgrade with a newer unit and kept the OEM functionality? I know that Eclipse is no longer made. What's the 2018 version of this install?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For Anyone that has used the initial fix whereby cutting the power to the amp and bypassing the wires at the microphone, can anyone comment on the quality of the OEM microphone on an AVIC head unit?

I'm almost read to pull the trigger on the Z140bh...just nervous with all the install.

Thanks for any suggestions or words of reinforcement.
Know this is REALLY old, but thought I'd reply just in case anyone is still researching this (like me). I did bypass the stock mic power and connected the wires for my 2013 Tundra to a Kenwood unit and it works like a dream. Had to do a Google search to find the wiring diagram to figure out which wires to use but the process wasn't too bad once I figured it out - good luck.

Plan on doing the same for my 2017 Highlander.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts