Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Slacker
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see leather seatcovers for sale on eBay for $600+.

Anyone ever installed these? Is it really necessary to hire a professional upholsterer?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
friend of ours got some for her sierra for 689 or someething. (sierra crew). they had the dealer put them in which IMO is a waste of time.

seat covers are held on with hog rings, clips, sometimes velcro panels, etc. super easy to take off and not too hard to reinstall. just have patience and set aside a whole day to do it and you'll be fine. lots of DIY stuff online if u google installing leather seat covers...some manufacturers even have step by step pics on their sites.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No way. You can get them much cheaper on other sites like clazziocars.com. From what I've seen, clazzio seems to be the best, especially at that price. There are a bunch of videos on youtube and other threads on here about how to install them, everybody seems to be really love them.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I got my leather from ebay for $350. Install was easy but time consuming. It took me 12-14 hours for front and back, but most of that was spent taking the seats apart and reassembling them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts