Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the viper 5701 remote start and security system. I have manual locks and I want to convert them to power locks and hook up the lock/unlock feature on the alarm to them. What do i need to do this? Do i need just door lock actuators or a whole power lock conversion kit? How would you hook it in with the alarm? All the conversion kits come with their own remote.... Would I just hook the lock/unlock wires to the wires coming from the actuators or the module? This is the kit I am looking at http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=3270 If you click documents then power door lock installation then go to the bottom of the new page that opens to keyless entry I think it says you can but i may not be understanding it right.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm no installer, but what you are asking seems to be a pretty straightforward task. DEI (the folks that make VIPER/Clifford/Python Alrams) sells a four actuator kit for converting manual locks. My guess is that you only need a pulse generator to tie in the actuators to a pulse from your alarm, so when your engage/disengage the alarm, you are actuating the door locks. Hopefully somebody with more experience can give you more precise feedback.

Good Luck !!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
actually, you just need door lock actuators(depending on how many doors) and two relays! This is the cheaper route.
Here's a diagram:

I hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts