Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I looked around on other threads, but could not find what I was looking for. My main question though is, Is there a muffler that adds a deep, aggressive, growl to a 4.7L that has very little to no drone? Preferably under $100?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I looked around on other threads, but could not find what I was looking for. My main question though is, Is there a muffler that adds a deep, aggressive, growl to a 4.7L that has very little to no drone? Preferably under $100?
The only one to look at is dirtydeeds/bamufflers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking at the Flowmaster 40, Magnaflow 18", and BAMuffler. They all sound good. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You spelled it wrong. Its called MagnaBlow. Ask me how I know that.

Reactions: ROAD__DOG

·
Registered
58 Posts
I run a Borla ProXS. Its been on the truck for almost 10 years. Nice sound that doesn't sound like everybody else's truck. My buddies say that it sounds like a 5.0 Mustang when I am driving by. Not that that's a compliment, just an idea on how it sounds. Most trucks with a loud exhaust sound like a real heavy laboring vehicle with a loud exhaust. They never sound like a Camaro or Chevelle with the same muffler. My Borla is not quiet, but its not loud. Slight drone while accelerating easy, almost none on the highway.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'll toss another one into the mix. I have had a AeroTurbine on my 04 since 2007 and it still sounds as good as it did new. It's all stainless steel construction.

Larry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll toss another one into the mix. I have had a AeroTurbine on my 04 since 2007 and it still sounds as good as it did new. It's all stainless steel construction.

Larry
I like the sound of that one! Only question though is; does it have drone?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I like the sound of that one! Only question though is; does it have drone?
I don't hear any drone but I do think drone gets mis-called a lot.

Larry

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Hey to all, I know this is an old thread. But I have been running Walker/DynoMax Super Turbos for over 16 years on three different Tundras, 2000 SR5 4.7, 2005 SR5 4.7 and now a 2013 SR5 5.7, they all had dual exhaust with a crossover pipe, nice sound and no drone... After 67 Cars and Trucks, I have an opinion... :) I'm sure the OP has already bought one of the aforementioned mufflers...and replaced it.... Lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
My magnaflow is loud, but I removed the resonator. I don't think it drones, like a flowmaster does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Old thread, but I decided to give an update. I have had the Cherry bomb extreme on the truck now for about a year, and it sounds great. It has a bit of drone, but nothing that is too annoying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good update. I'll add for anyone looking in the future.

I had flowmaster 40 series with dual 3.5x18" tips at a 45* out of the rear corners. The tips really make a difference in the way it sounds. Friend had the same setup with no tips and it didn't sound as agressive/ mellow rumble to me. It was about a medium on the loudness scale, never harsh, and great at highway speeds. I got lots of compliments on it. Great mellow muscley exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts