Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found the a truck that has nearly all of the feature I would like except for the nav. Based on what I have seen getting one with nav and the rest of what I want is highly unlikely in the near future.

My question is does anyone know if you can can get the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket system? I am looking at a ltd so it would have the blue tooth also. I will likely add the OEM back up camera and try to integrate with the nav.

Has anyone been brave enough to go aftermarket on an 07, or have experience in this realm??:confused:

I think I've got a good price and I'm getting anxious for a new truck.:)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Gulf States Toyota sucks regarding the nav availability, doesn't it? I assume you aren't needing the better JBL sound system then?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I havent had the time yet but I am going to order a Nav mask for the dash from toyota and install an Eclipse 5500. They are made by Fujitsu Ten who also makes Toyota's audio units. I had one in my 01 tundra and the wireing connectors just snapped into the OEM. The Eclipse NAv unit is very good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havent had the time yet but I am going to order a Nav mask for the dash from toyota and install an Eclipse 5500. .
Do you have source for the dash mask??

I know I saw a post about something similar... I'll look into that too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent had the time yet but I am going to order a Nav mask for the dash from toyota and install an Eclipse 5500. .
Do you have source for the dash mask??

I know I saw a post about something similar... I'll look into that too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts