Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi 350 - can use it handheld or comes with a suction cup to mount to dash or windshield. Its a great unit and price has really dropped in the past few months. Check it out!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Any double din will work. You should go to a stereo shop and look around.

·
Registered
260 Posts
From what my salesman tells me not any aftermarket double din will work? i was looking at a pioneer NAV system and wondered what would happen to the stock controls "the ones to the left and right of the factory unit. He told me that its all one peice and knowone has made a front facplate to fit the 07 tundra yet. He also said that his CAR TOYS rep was there today and he asked him about it and he said they were in the process of making one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I explored the options of going aftermarket for the nav, but ended up finding one with factiry nav. I went to Cartoys, and they said that they could install any double din unit. They said they could integrate with the steering wheel controls. The however told me that for the backup cam, they would have to use their own, and would not be able to integrate into the OEM camera.
Look at the entire cost before you give up on the factory system. Toyota charges about $1600 for the nav. Most in-dash units start around a grand and can get well above $2000. You then have to have installation and add a camera and dash plate.
There is a comapny that makes a dash plate for the new tundra I don't remember the link, but look at some other aftermarket nav threads and you should find it. It does not have the buttons that the factory unit has, but you have all those functions on the actual unit if you go aftermarket.
I have only had my truck for a week, but I think the factory nav is pretty good. I probably prefer the unit in my wife's Honda, but it may be that I am just used to it. Overall the Toyota is a very functional system. I love the backup camera, I can't wait to hook up my boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts