Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after looking at this inside of the truck for my self, it doesnt look like an aftermarket radio would look good in it, flowing with the interior sceem and lines. Anyone installed one and have pics to show??

·
Registered
41 Posts
You would be surprised at what a high end audio shop can do. I have a buddy that owns one, they do pretty amazing work.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So best buy is out of the question :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I usally leave the oem radio in and just add an amp, sub woofer, and top quality speakers. It sounds outstanding, costs less and theives just think its an oem radio

·
Registered
18 Posts
I usally leave the oem radio in and just add an amp, sub woofer, and top quality speakers. It sounds outstanding, costs less and theives just think its an oem radio
Yea, that's what I did. But I had them install a JL Audio Cleansweep behind the stock radio.......running two Alpine Amps, Focal Speakers all around and a 10" JL Audio Sub......sounds amazing.

Once the dash kit is available then I'll get a new head unit also.

JOHN

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea, that's what I did. But I had them install a JL Audio Cleansweep behind the stock radio.......running two Alpine Amps, Focal Speakers all around and a 10" JL Audio Sub......sounds amazing.

Once the dash kit is available then I'll get a new head unit also.

JOHN
Does the clean sweep really help equalize the excessive booming loose low end and thin treble of the stock unit? The stock sound is ok but I want it better and want to keep the factory head unit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the stock unit sounds fine, just wish it played mp3's is all

·
Registered
2 Posts
The factory six disc is better than previous base-line factory systems but it still is a muddy factory low-bidder system.

Here is a pic of custom aftermarket install with a fabricated faceplate to match the graphite (grey) dash. It does not look as good in pic... and I may opt for a pre-fab din plate when they are available.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
The factory six disc is better than previous base-line factory systems but it still is a muddy factory low-bidder system.

Here is a pic of custom aftermarket install with a fabricated faceplate to match the graphite (grey) dash. It does not look as good in pic... and I may opt for a pre-fab din plate when they are available.

Hey, i don't have that little change holder thingy in the picture :(:(:(

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
hehe, yeah !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts