Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2003 Sequoia with a regular (non-JBL) radio (CD, tape, AM/FM). I just pulled the radio from the dash and I have noticed that besides the two plugs for which I have the harness adapter, my radio has a third white plug with just couple of wires going to it (right one on the attached photo). Do I leave this plug disconnected or I need a different wiring adapter?

Automotive lighting Adapter Cable Gadget Wire

·
Registered
395 Posts
I use Crutchfield.com for this type of issue. You can enter your specific vehicle and then even use the support chat feature to ask a tech what harnesses are needed. Ask about the two additional wires. Here is the connector wiring diagram they sent me with my new unit. Determine where those two wires go and see if they are shown here... Chap
Font Parallel Rectangle Electric blue Diagram

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Crutchfield.com for this type of issue. You can enter your specific vehicle and then even use the support chat feature to ask a tech what harnesses are needed. Ask about the two additional wires. Here is the connector wiring diagram they sent me with my new unit. Determine where those two wires go and see if they are shown here... Chap View attachment 156355
great circuit, thanks for your answer!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the diagram. I found somewhere on the net a reference to the third plug. It supposed to be used for either CD changer (which I do not have) or an auxiliary plug (which I also don't have). I don't really want to disassemble the whole dash to see where the wires go. I guess I will just connect the new radio thru the two plugs and see what I am missing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another search reveals that this third connector may be the steering wheel controls. I do not have those neither so I guess they just prewired the car for the controls.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sweet, sounds like you can do the install w/o that whatever connector. One mistake I made years ago on an aftermarket heat/ac was I missed an additional ground wire...What a track down that was. Enjoy the adventure... Chap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah dont worry about that connector. Only for the controls you mentioned. Standard stock radio/CD players don't use that plug. Just get the standard Toyota adapter for those other two plugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts