Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Sequoia and Tacoma (hopefully a Tundra soon to replace the Tacoma) but it sure is a pain in the a$$ to find whels to fit these damn trucks. I am picky about the style of wheels to begin with but then to find one with the right backspace on top of that is driving me nuts. I am trying to find atleast 18s for the Sequoia because I am planning on lifting it.

Rant over. Thanks for reading. :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
I actually believe that there are tons of wheels that fit our trucks. 6 on 5.5" with at least a 4.5" backspacing is very common.

My friend owns a 2003 Dodge Dakota with a 6 on 4.5" and smaller center bore. He could only find like 5 wheels that could fit his truck. Plus there is only one suspension lift kit for his truck. :rolleyes:

What kind of 18" wheels are you looking for? width? any particular brand you like?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm with ya .I have been going stir crazy trying to pick a set as well.I don't think it is the bolt circle that is the issue.I believe it is the hub that is the issue as our trucks are "hub Centric" meaning the wheel is centered via the hub center not the lugs.Our trucks have a bigger hub compared to the same bolt pattern GM etc have.
I think i have resorted in just laying out the extreme cash for the BBS 20" wheels from Toyotas accessary catalog.They make the same wheel in 18" as well.I do not want the "bling" of chrome so I passing on most aftermarket chrome ones.
Good luck in your quest of the search of the perfect wheel for you.

·
Registered
469 Posts
actually our hub bore is not that uncommon.

A 4.17" or 106mm hub bore will fit. Most people use the 4.25" or 108mm hub bore just cause most manufacturers use that size for their wheels.

WELD, Pro Comp, American Racing, Dick Cepek, Mickey Thompson, Eagle Alloy, Helo, Moto Maxx, XD Series....I can go on with this list but all of these manufacturers make wheels that will fit a Tundra. :cool:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Anyone have info on MB 70 wheels from Discount Tire, i found a set of 4 that are normally 91 bucks and manager offered them for 50 bucks and i think i should have jumped on this deal and will need to do so by PM on the 20th?? They fit a 93 4x4 Toy PU and are Chrome Alloys and not uggly!! Wheel Details - Discount Tire Co. scared truck will die if i put nice wheels and Goodyear MT/R's on it!!:eek: they have been replaced by the 72 and it's last set he has and said your deal but tried to pressure me!! which NEVER works with me!!:td: Not a bad wheel for 50 bucks!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well with some of the wheels I like the hub bore is the problem but alot of times the backspacing is the problem. I also see that I cannot find hardly any wheels in silver instead of chrome for these trucks. I don't want a full "offroad" MT Classic look type of wheel. I really like the RT6 Enkei wheel but I really can't see buying it because they are going to stop producing it soon and I have been stuck with trying to find a discontinued wheel before.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually one more thing that pisses me off is the lack of information you can get from wheel manufacturer's websites. I know what backspacing and hub bore I need but they are bad about not listing the specs on their website. KMC is really bad because they don't even list the width of their wheels on their site. :mad:

·
Registered
469 Posts
try calling them up. That's what I did. :tu:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts