Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to forum. Has anyone installed an aftermarket hitch on a 2006 Highlander? Can you send pics? Don't want to spend for factory hitch, but still want it to look good. Will be using hitch for bike rack. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all,
Pat

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I installed an aftermarket hitch on ours, it was easy. All you have to do is remove the tow eyes and bolt the hitch in their place. Since you are using it for a bike rack, you don't have to bother with the wiring. The wiring is also easy but it can get complicated depending on if you have the tow package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. Thinking about the Draw-tite model. Hope it looks good. Any thoughts are welcomed. I do have the tow package.
Pat

·
Registered
10 Posts
This has been a discussion in the past. I bought an aftermarket hitch for my 04, and sent it back. Because the Highlander hitch has to wrap around the tail pipe, many of the aftermarket hitches look really bad!

I finally decided the apperance of my Highlander was very important, so I ordered a new Toyota hitch. Not only does it look great, but has several more mounting bolts than the four used by aftermarket.

I'm very happy with my decision.

Do a search, and you will find pictures of mine with the new hitch.

VaDon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts