Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do aftermarket upgrades to the non JBL 6 disc changer stereo in the new 07 Tundra?

How hard is it to utilize the factory headunit but uprade the amplifer, speakers, subwoofer?

Share your experiences please!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone do aftermarket upgrades to the non JBL 6 disc changer stereo in the new 07 Tundra?

How hard is it to utilize the factory headunit but uprade the amplifer, speakers, subwoofer?

Share your experiences please!
Factory unit has no pre-amps so it makes it a little more difficult to upgrade your speakers.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
A very high quality output converter after the factory amp will allow you to add amplifiers w/ no loss of performance compared to most mass market head units.
See David Navone - Car Audio Engineering
Rumbler

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to upgrade as well. I have looked at the JL audio cleansweep and the Rockford Fosgate one. I like the RF one but you need a Palm to set it up...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I got a 07 DC with alpine type r's 6x9 in the front powered by a punch 150x2 amp mounted behind the back seat, left the rear speakers stock (rear speaker dont really do much for me) also 2 of the new punch p3s (s=shallow) powered my a punch 800x2 amp also mounted behind the back seat. all running of the factory head unit

note: the back seat will still lift up and down even with the amps mounted behind it.

AWSOME SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got a 07 DC with alpine type r's 6x9 in the front powered by a punch 150x2 amp mounted behind the back seat, left the rear speakers stock (rear speaker dont really do much for me) also 2 of the new punch p3s (s=shallow) powered my a punch 800x2 amp also mounted behind the back seat. all running of the factory head unit

note: the back seat will still lift up and down even with the amps mounted behind it.

AWSOME SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

What...no pictures?

·
Registered
260 Posts
In the middle of building a different box for the subs. Wasnt enough airspace in the first one. Sounded good but not its best. The box will be 30in w, 6in d, 17 in h, and be able to fit under the back seat. As soon as i get it built and carpeted ill upload some pics

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that I've thought about it some more, I'm now thinking about ditching the factory headunit and installing a nice Alpine NAV & DVD unit in the dash.

Then upgrading all speakers and adding an amp to drive the components. Probably will not add a sub. I'll just go for very high quality components.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
And how do you fit a 6x9 in a 6.5" round hole?
Hey Mister how did you integrate the amp for your front 6x9 speakers?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The stock front speakers are 6x9, not 6.5"
Only the backs are 6.5"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts