Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Evening, fellas! I'm posting because I'm confused about what to do with the backspacing of aftermarket wheels. Here's what I've got:
2010 Crewmax 4x4 with a Fat Bob's Garage (or TRUXXX) 3 inch front lift and 1.5 inch rear lift.
On their website, it says recommended backspacing is 6 inches.
I'm looking at Fuel hostage or Ballistic Jester wheels. Going with 20x9. I have full intentions to go with 305/55/R20 (35x12x20) BFG AT TA/KO's or Toyo open country tires. I'd like to go with a little wider tire, if i can do so. What I'm needing help with is what backspacing will look best? With both wheels, there is a range of options, as far as backspacing. I've NEVER bought aftermarket wheels, in my life, and I'm a little intimidated. ANY help from you all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:ts:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
'Evening, fellas! I'm posting because I'm confused about what to do with the backspacing of aftermarket wheels. Here's what I've got:
2010 Crewmax 4x4 with a Fat Bob's Garage (or TRUXXX) 3 inch front lift and 1.5 inch rear lift.
On their website, it says recommended backspacing is 6 inches.
I'm looking at Fuel hostage or Ballistic Jester wheels. Going with 20x9. I have full intentions to go with 305/55/R20 (35x12x20) BFG AT TA/KO's or Toyo open country tires. I'd like to go with a little wider tire, if i can do so. What I'm needing help with is what backspacing will look best? With both wheels, there is a range of options, as far as backspacing. I've NEVER bought aftermarket wheels, in my life, and I'm a little intimidated. ANY help from you all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!:ts:
You can play with the entries in this spreadsheet to get an idea of where the outer edge of your tires will be compared to stock. A good tire shop should be able to help you out with the same info. Good luck.

Attachments

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Here's mine: 20x8.5, 30mm backspacing (stock is 60)mm... tires are 305/50/20, no lift on the truck.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have full intentions to go with 305/55/R20 (35x12x20) BFG AT TA/KO's or Toyo open country tires.
Sorry to burst your bubble bro but, 305/55/20s are no where near 35's. They are 33.4 x 12.4 in BFGs. By the way for best fit, +25 to +35 offset (which is the same as 6 - 6.4" backspace) in a 20x9 are the specs youll want to go with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. Here is my decision...RBP's 93R or 94R(black with chrome inserts), toyo open country A/T 325/60 R20. I know they say it'll rub but, from what I've read on here, no rubs that can't be fixed. As for backspacing, still undecided.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Thanks for the help. Here is my decision...RBP's 93R or 94R(black with chrome inserts), toyo open country A/T 325/60 R20. I know they say it'll rub but, from what I've read on here, no rubs that can't be fixed. As for backspacing, still undecided.
Sure, things can be trimmed. But with that setup youre talking about having to do the body mount mod. Quite a bit more involved than trimming plastic and removing mudflaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts