Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have an 02 tundra with factory 16" wheels. i would like to get 16" procomp wheels however when i called 4wheelparts they told me i had to use 17" wheels. can anybody direct me as to why i have to get 17" wheels or if i can use 16" ones? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had to use wheel spacers to get my 17's to fit, but that was only because the backspacing of my new wheels were different. Definitely check the backspacing before you purchase!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
They were probably concerned with the wheels clearing the calipers. I've had a tire shop tell me that some aftermarket wheels in a 16" have fitment issues?? Not sure, as I'm running a 16" aftermarket wheel and they fit fine on my 02'.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, if you're buying "steel" wheels...I would get them from Wheelers (They have some that fit). Other than that, I would think you're just fine to get almost any aftermarket aluminum as long the back spacing isn't too crazy. I think the stock Sequoia backspacing is 5.5". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. My guess, is that the Procomp wheels might be around a 4-4.5" backspace and are a 16X8? I'm just running some Discount Tire specials, and they are a 16X8" with a 4.5" backspacing. Hope that helps, but you should get some good advice from the shop you're getting them from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks alot. yeah the procomps are like 4.25" backspacing so i guess they won't work i will check out wheelers though. thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts