Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up my 2007 on March 12.

It's April 11th. One day short of a month, I did manage to get 2,969 miles on it.

Sure enough I get rear-ended at a stop light... The bone head pulled back and decided to run. Needless to say I pursued... would have caught him too if the cops hadn't told me to back-off when I dialed 911.

Luckily I have a toe hitch and it took almost all of the hit, he did catch just a bit of the left side of the bumper. Just enough to move it in just short of 1/4" but not enough to notice unless you have your ruler out.

What an A-hole... Well so much for the first scratch... turned out to be the first bend.

Spot:eek:

·
Registered
355 Posts
o jeebus...first scratch...hmm...

first for real: my stereo shop wrecked the backend of my truck into another one of their cars causing 2700 in damage to my truck alone...

first off roading: spring creek, TX. Got a nice new pinstripe the from the middle of the second door all the way to the tailgate...

first i did: hmm...not sure if it was the guy who rear-ended me or my uncle and me closing a garage door on it...

my truck takes a beating

·
Registered
447 Posts
had mine for a year and four months now, my first scratch, i got in a bilo parking lot, not all that noticable though! besides rock chips from dump trucks on the interstate, not too many scratches, well no BIG ones anyway:D! this is the kicker though....my first dent...............i did it!! washing the truck one sunny day, pushed a little too hard near the third brake light on the roof, so its a palm sized dent!! decided to leave it there(cant see it just looking @ the truck) as a reminder....thin sheet metal!!:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
had mine for a year and four months now, my first scratch, i got in a bilo parking lot, not all that noticable though! besides rock chips from dump trucks on the interstate, not too many scratches, well no BIG ones anyway:D! this is the kicker though....my first dent...............i did it!! washing the truck one sunny day, pushed a little too hard near the third brake light on the roof, so its a palm sized dent!! decided to leave it there(cant see it just looking @ the truck) as a reminder....thin sheet metal!!:cool:
Speaking of thin sheet metal, and not meaning to hijack the thread, but I swore my hood almost dented during the dry phase in the car wash!! It was buckling like a mobile home door in a tornado.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Speaking of thin sheet metal, and not meaning to hijack the thread, but I swore my hood almost dented during the dry phase in the car wash!! It was buckling like a mobile home door in a tornado.
Well, just a few weeks ago I had some snow come off the roof and collapsed the hood. I figured the sport hood has more strength to it so thats the one I ended up replacing it with.

The regular hood on the 05+ is way too weak, heck you can see the thing flexing going down the interstate. I know Toyota is trying to keep the weight down, but come on... reinforce it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had about 1500 miles on it when a rock met mr. weedeater, then viola, fancy new chip in a fender flare...the only chip touched up on the entire truck. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember the first scratch on my 96 Taco very well. I drove the truck home from the dealer, wife decided we needed something at Walmart. Sure honey, lets take the new truck. Found a nice spot in the lot away from most other cars. Ran inside, came back out 10-15 minutes later to find that some A55clown had keyed the entire drivers side and tailgate. :mad: They got the shiny black Trans Am in front of me too.

Got it fixed a couple weeks later but it never looked the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts