Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys . . . today i looked under my truck and say that i was leaking something . . . . . . i never leak anything i asure you of that when i do i fix it asap . . . nope wasnt leaking . . . . . . . its my boots on the front diff they are slinging greese . . oh joy . . . i hav bisteins 5100s set to stock height. . (i know the comments so hold them, im having a realy bad 2 weeks personaly and seeing this just adds to my stress(heart ache sucks) ). . . . along with 2.5 toy tec coil spacer(no strut spacer) along with the 1'' diff drop . . . . aal in back . . . i doubt i should b slinging greese cause i have the diff drop . . but i am . . . did i say oh joy . . . plus i put on 305 55 20 cooper zeon ltz's on and find and full lock the back of the tire touches frame . . . . .i have 20x8.5's with 5.25 back spacing but i added a 1.5'' spacer . . .ugh not far enough . . i been concidering ordering 20x10'' kmc rockstar's with 4.5'' backspacing to eleavate the rubbing . . . . but if i get them would they stick out futher that my set up ??? i beleive they would . . love that look . . always have. . . . .

i know the greese isnt **** to worry about but still ima a worrier , my truck is my baby . . . i realy am kicking my self i should of just saved and bought the RCD lift from wheelers off road instead of gettin the bilsteins and toytec . . . . . . i now know if your gonna lift get a coil over set up or RCD dont cheep put just cause you impatiant . . . . . but than again i cant knock what i . . . im sure theres a few guys on here love there set up

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
Ok. I dont get it. I really cant see the point of running 5100's with spacers, but thats besides the point. That isnt what is causing your leaking. Pretty much any lift even with the diff drop will cause the boots to leak grease. Have you done the "hose clamp mod"? Do a search but you basicly replace your stock clamps with hose clamps from the hardware store and the problem is solved. They can clamp a little tighter and wont let the grease escape. Even the RCD lift will sling grease so dont worry about it.

As for your tire rubbing, 305's are very hard to fit without rubbing. 285's are really the widest most guys run and they will still rub sometimes. Even if you get the right offset to clear the frame, they will probably hit the inner fender instead. Honestly, not to be rude, it sounds like you didn't do much research before buying this setup. If you can afford a set of 285's and some hose clamps all your problems(with the truck) will be solved. Good luck!

Oh, and if you feel like it could you share your reasoning behind the spacer with the 5100's? Im really curious.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,561 Posts
Peter,

As we said a couple weeks back when you were struggling over your setup:

1. Dump the spacers!
2. Reset the Bilsteins to the 4th notch
3. Install the boot clamps
4. Settle on a tire size that isn't going to cause you headaches; a 285 will be all you need.

Sorry to hear you've hit a bumpy road. Don't add to your worries by trying to go so far off the stock reservation on a limited budget. The above setup will look awesome, ride even better, and last you for many trouble-free years. Your ball joints -- and checkbook -- will thank you.

Good luck! :tu:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts