Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I might be able to get my hands on a new or used airbag cover for 2007 SR5 double cab with the switch cut-outs on the side for the JBL system? I don't need the airbag module, just the cover. I've searched the web extensively and I'm coming up empty. I'm working on upgrading my non-JBL system to a JBL system with OEM steering wheel audio switches, so I need to obtain a new cover to make room for the audio switches (and no, I don't want to take an exacto knife to my airbag cover). I've done a lot of research on this and I know exactly what I need to do to make this upgrade work, parts and electrical wiring. It actually looks pretty straight forward. The airbag modules are the same for non-JBL and JBL, the only difference is the cover and the switches. I can order the switches on-line very easily. However, they won't sell the airbag cover seperate from module, and I'm certainly not going to drop $500-$800 on a new airbag that I don't need. My only other thought is a junk yard, which might be tough for 07 parts. Any other ideas or websites that anyone can recommend?

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Some guys have went and bought the air-bag and then sold theirs. I wish Toyota would just sell the stupid plastic cover but no go. Some people have said they have found them on ebay but I have never seen any there. There are some wrecked Tundra's on there sometimes. I suppose you could e-mail them to see if they will part with the air-bag cover? Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts