Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Air bags give a good ride but the system has to be set so the front ride height keeps you at the optimal alignment angles all the time. If you are going to be using bags for continual up and down your front tires will most definately suffer. Coils, lower control arms or spindles would be prefered if you just want to lower your truck. I have found that with front coils the ride is decent but if you encounter rough roads the ride will be rough due to the reduced arm travel caused by the lowered coils. Lower control arms or spindles keep your front suspension travel the same offering a better front end feel over most road surfaces. I had rear replacement leaf packs in my first lowering kit from ground force but the ride was not what I was looking for so now I have a flip kit with the factory springs and the ride is much smoother. The only negative with lowering the back either way is a shortened axle to frame clearance in which a c-notch could be used to gain more axle travel. With rear bags the only way to go would be a four link set up with a pan hard bar and a c-notch for optimal adjustability. Now if your are looking for a frame dragger the only route would be a complete four corner bag set up. A lot of the newer stuff incorporates programable presets, PLC controls, high volume valves, auto level switches, ETC, ETC, ETC. Most of your options will be determined by the amount of $$$$$$$$$$ you want to spend to get your desired effect. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts