Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my First summer with my 07 Tundra SR5 and I have just started using my air conditioning. The air cycles from cold air to warm air. Have any of you guys heard of this?

I have the Max AC on and both knobs are on as cold as I can get them. When I first get in the truck it feels cold for a few min then it starts seems that the ac starts to turn off then come back on as if i was turning the ac off and on. I thought about taking the truck to a shop to have it looked at but i wanted to run it by you guys to see if there is something I am missing.

Thanks
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Mine's cold as heck, even in hot CA weather. Does not cycle and stays cold when a/c is on. I do hear the compressor kick on and off at times during idle but every car/truck I've owned does that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like it is low on 134a .......the low pressure switch is most likely shutting the compressor down because of low pressure. Take it to a shop!:tu:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
thats what i was gonna say. get er fix't. :)

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I concur... refrigerant needs a recharge.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I don't know anything about a/c's but if mine were not working I would be pissed! I wish you luck man, and hopefully the guys are right that it just needs some refrigerant!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts