Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was done before but can we try to start another poll on how many people had this failure. The last one turned into a mess. ONLY IF YOU HAD A FAILURE on a AIR INJECTION PUMP, VALVES OR DRIVER please post yes and the componets involved. Lets try to keep it short and sweet on this one and we will leave the discussions to the other three threads on this issue. I will start it up on the next post.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Aip failure poll

YES, one air injection pump closest to the engine.

Truck produced at the Indiana plant.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Outside pump, pending bank 2 valve stuck closed

·
Registered
6 Posts

Outside pump full of water. Bank 2 stuck.

Truck built at San Antonio plant.

On a side note might have everyone mention where there truck was made at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just found out...P2442...BOTH pumps shot...IN plant. : ( 67k miles and I'm trying to get Toyota to fix this as I reported sounds at 34K miles to the dealer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes!
P2441 valve stuck closed.
I disconnected the pumps and that's the way it will stay unless Toyota fixes it for free.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to know if any Canadian Tundra owners have had the AIP system failure, and if so, has Toyota Canada refused to pay for the parts and labour costs, under the Toyota Canada Emmissions Warranty?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would like to know if any Canadian Tundra owners have had the AIP system failure, and if so, has Toyota Canada refused to pay for the parts and labour costs, under the Toyota Canada Emmissions Warranty?
Toyota USA actually isn't covering the AIP system under the emissions warranty, it use to be just 3yrs/ 36K miles, but has been extended under the powertrain warranty to 5 years/60K miles I believe. I would assume its the same up north.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Toyota USA actually isn't covering the AIP system under the emissions warranty, it use to be just 3yrs/ 36K miles, but has been extended under the powertrain warranty to 5 years/60K miles I believe. I would assume its the same up north.
Thanks...

I was unaware that Toyota had extended the AIP coverage under the 5/60 powertrain warranty. There's some comfort in that, in my case, since I drive my truck less than 12,000 miles per year. I should be protected under that umbrella until she's five years old.

In keeping with the spirt of the poll, I'd still be interested in hearing if any Canadian Tundra owners have had issues with the AIP, and how it has been handled.

:tu:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes
p2440 need to be replace the air pump assembly and emission control valve ,secondary air pump

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes 2441 code, got a new 2010, told toyota they will be fixing this one if it happens again, made them make a note of it on my service schedual

·
Registered
2 Posts
Toyota dealer wants to replace both pumps and valves on my dime ($2100.00) I told them Toyota needs to pay for the whole thing. I will be going tomorrow to get this bypassed so I can have my power back. Very disappointed in Toyota right now.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts