Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the long AIP Failure thread but wanted everyone to see it. Hopefully people that paid for the pumps under the new extened warranty can get some money back. I'll let you guys read the email that Toyota sent me this morning. Enjoy! I'm just using this as a platform to get this message out to everyone that this new information has been confirmed. If you don't understand the issue then read this long azz thread.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/181377-air-induction-pump/

Recently you contacted Toyota. Below is a summary of your contact message and our response.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Air Induction Pump/Tundra

Discussion Thread
Response (AYer) 06/11/2010 09:23 AM
Dear Mr.******,

We work hard to put out the best cars we know how, and strive to constantly improve every aspect of their quality. A huge part of this effort is driven by the honest, frank opinions of our customers, because the last thing we want to do is to make products that drive people away from Toyota. So please be assured that what you've told us is taken very seriously by Toyota management and will be used to drive our efforts to make our vehicles better and better.

As to the Air Pump system, Toyota has enhanced the warranty coverage on this matter from 3 years or 36,000 miles to 5 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first as a powertrain warranty coverage.

Any questions or concerns you may have in the future, please contact our Customer Experience Center directly, by calling 800-331-4331. Our normal hours are from 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday and 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday, Pacific Time. Any representative will be able to assist you.

Armen Yergatian
Toyota Customer Experience
Customer 05/23/2010 02:47 AM

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good news, I really hope that people who paid out of pocket will be reimbursed!:amen:
Me too!! I wouldn't think it will be a problem though. I wonder if Toyota will see the receipts from the dealerships to reimburse?? I'm thinking maybe they will see how much the individual dealerships are charging. Might help lower costs in the future.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good job Maylon.
Thanks from all of us for getting this done and good for Toyota. At least they recognize where their bread is buttered. :tu:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
AWESOME nice to see Toyota taking care of us

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
See! I told you guys that our Platinum warranty would cover it :heh:

·
Cash-Strapped Supporter
155 Posts
This is good news, now that platinum warranty I purchased is just a reassurance.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good job Maylon.
Thanks from all of us for getting this done and good for Toyota. At least they recognize where their bread is buttered. :tu:
Well I think I was just one of MANY that sent in emails, but it probably was the flood of complaints that did it. However, I was glad that I could post something definitive!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See! I told you guys that our Platinum warranty would cover it :heh:
The way I am reading this is just that they have now included it in the powertrain warranty which is longer than the regular 3/36k. Still haven't heard anything concrete about it being covered by the platinum warranty.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
With the Platinum warranty, there's a short list of "excluded items" --- it's not listed there.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
There are a very large number of second gen Tundras that are having air induction pump failures. So far I have been lucky to not have it.
Question: How many failures have there been so far and how many constitute a "very large number" considering that Toyota has sold more than 400,000 2GEN Tundras to date?

(For the record, I don't think there should be any AIP failures and that Toyota should be covering them if/when they do...I'm just curious how you came to this conclusion.)

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Question: How many failures have there been so far and how many constitute a "very large number" considering that Toyota has sold more than 400,000 2GEN Tundras to date?

(For the record, I don't think there should be any AIP failures and that Toyota should be covering them if/when they do...I'm just curious how you came to this conclusion.)
From what I have read so far, there have been a very small number of actual failures with a very LARGE price tag. :eek: That seems to be why this is getting so much attention. ;)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Oh it's all hear say man don't knock the messanger. I just joined the group of guys willing to email Toyota to try to bring some attention to the problem. Obviously it must be some kind of issue if they changed the warranty time/milage period. I knew someone out there would want to get on my case and question me. I'm just sharing information sent to me from Toyota. I don't know anything you don't know I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
You're sound a little defensive, don't be.

If you re-read my post you will see that:
1) I'm not knocking you,
2) I am not denying that there is a problem with these pumps/valves, and
3) I'm not "on your case".
I only asked you for a little clarification (which you have not provided). Again, how many of these issues do you figure have been reported to date?

My impression of the situation is similar to Mendonsy's...relatively few issues with a very high price tag and little help from the dealers and TMS.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're sound a little defensive, don't be.

If you re-read my post you will see that:
1) I'm not knocking you,
2) I am not denying that there is a problem with these pumps/valves, and
3) I'm not "on your case".
I only asked you for a little clarification (which you have not provided). Again, how many of these issues do you figure have been reported to date?

My impression of the situation is similar to Mendonsy's...relatively few issues with a very high price tag and little help from the dealers and TMS.
I said it was all hear say. I don't mean to sound defensive man I just didn't want other people to question me also. I don't work for Toyota and I don't have a single friend that owns one so I don't have any first hand information. I wasn't completly truthful in my email to Toyota about my concerns I was just trying to help out all of the fellow tundra owners. I don't have as much concern as I played it out like and I'm not selling my truck. As far as how many have been reported to date, I have no idea. I will post the link to the AIP thread where a lot of guys were going to email their concerns to see if we could get some help by sending large amounts of emails and some guys called. I guess I shouldn't have posted what I emailed to them because I just didn't want that to be the topic of discussion. If guys have concerns they should look for information in the thread I will link at the bottom. I was just afraid that people wouldn't get this info in that thread because it is so large.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/181377-air-induction-pump/

1 - 20 of 29 Posts