Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well first you must know if they are the 285/65 or 285/55's then you must know if it's a crew max, double cab or regular cab. then if it's a 4x4 or 2x4. if it is a crew max 4x4 then bfg suggests 35 psi front, 40 psi rear for the 285/65/20. this is straight from bfg, if you have something other than that then i suggest you call bfg they have a no crap formula to figure it out. this stops the guessing, if you have any other questions you can pm me. have fun

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 285 65 18's on a 07 2x4 Double cab. I emailed BFG a few weeks ago and they said 45 in front, 50 in rear. That seems to be working out OK for me.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I keep mine right aroung 45 lbs in my DC RockWarrior. I could probably go a little lower, but I bought a truck and I am okay with it riding like a truck =)! I figure running slightly higher pressure will lower my rolling resistance and help with mileage and lifespan of the tires. Haven't towed anything huge with it yet though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked them today and they were at 40lbs. all the way around so I took them up to 50lbs all the way around it may be all in my head but I think it handles better over rough terrain like rr tracks and rides the same going down the highway I wanna say I also have a 1- 1.5 mpg gain from this on the way to work today but it's very windy today could have a tail wind!

·
Registered
588 Posts
40 was to low 50 was to high in the rear, empty, which is how it mostly is. So somehow I came up with 44 all the way around. I guess airing up for towing and then down is crap, but when you do this 5 or 6 times during riding season, you do have the oppurtunity to experiment a little. The tires are great. I like them in the rain, sand and dry dirt hard pack. Their great on dry roads also. They still look strong when aired down to 12lbs in the soft stuff(sand).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I run 33 in the front, and 36 in the rear. Not sure, but this works for me and have rotated every 3K. They are wearing even and have 36K on them now with plenty of tread to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts