Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did search. Can somebody please give me a suggestion for air pressure on my ‘04 Tundra Access 4WD V8 with 265/70/17 BFG All Terrain K02 Load C tires on 17x8.5 rims? I’m getting them installed today and would like a suggested pressure to start with. I tend to wear the centers out of my Cooper AT3’s unless I run 32 front, 30 rear then it’s not too bad. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,565 Posts
Use the chalk method. That's the best way to dial it in for YOUR particular situation, load, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did search. Can somebody please give me a suggestion for air pressure on my ‘04 Tundra Access 4WD V8 with 265/70/17 BFG All Terrain K02 Load C tires on 17x8.5 rims? I’m getting them installed today and would like a suggested pressure to start with. I tend to wear the centers out of my Cooper AT3’s unless I run 32 front, 30 rear then it’s not too bad. Thanks in advance.
It depends on YOUR situation. I start with sidewall max pressure, then reduce as dictated by ride quality or tire wear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run 42 in my BFG All Terrain K02 265/70/r16 LT on my 03 Access cap when not towing, gives a good ride on road and provides decent traction on gravel roads. Never have had a problem with wear, I’m on my 2nd set and get around 50k miles out of them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run 42 in my BFG All Terrain K02 265/70/r16 LT on my 03 Access cap when not towing, gives a good ride on road and provides decent traction on gravel roads. Never have had a problem with wear, I’m on my 2nd set and get around 50k miles out of them.
Thank you. This is what I was looking for, just a starting point. I had to delay installation until tomorrow and now I’m not gonna have time to mess around with them for at least a couple weeks. Can I ask what your rim width is, stock 16x7 or something else? Are your tires C or E rated? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts