Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the AIP failure thread is getting long and so wanted to create a new thread since my last post will be buried 20 pages deep...the engineer at Toyota for the AIP is more than happy to help and hopefully help those of you out that have had these failures. But we need more information for him...I just copied my post from the other thread.

TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS FOR ATTENTION. NOT BECAUSE I'M YELLING.

THE LEAD ENGINEER FOR THE AIP HAS RESPONDED TO MY EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING -

Hi Derrick,

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to respond, but I wanted to have an answer for you regarding your concerns about the AI pump.

At this point, I have brought this issue to the attention of our chief engineer, who is working with the quality department to investigate claims related to this issue in detail. In the meantime, can you provide me with the following with regards to the repairs done for the members of your online community: 1. Repair date, 2. Mileage at the time, and 3. Dealer name/city.

Thank you,
Edgar

SO IT SOUNDS LIKE HE'S WILLING TO LOOK INTO THIS FOR US AND PERHAPS "RUN IT UP THE FLAGPOLE" WITHIN TOYOTA.

SO IF YOU HAVE HAD A FAILURE PLEASE PM WITH THOSE DETAILS SO I CAN PUT THIS IN A SS AND SEND IT OVER TO THEM. THE QUICKER THE BETTER.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: AIP FAILURE - Need details for the engineer at Toyota

You are awesome, Yoda - good on ya for doing this. Hopefully folks can get you details quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

Bump for more people

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

bump bump bump bump bump bump....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

Thanks Slowyota!:tu:

Can we make it sticky for a while?!?!!!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts

the queestion remains: how did he not know?????

he is a so called, "engineer" correct not only do they build things they try to find fault in them also. It might be just a feel good letter back to you.

For example a person with a FJ cruiser has fender bulges where it is actually cracking. The lead engineer person whoever and whatever that means responded back to him, "you know much G forces that needs to create that crack it needs 7 G forces to do that"...long story short many FJ cruiser have the bulges and some toyota mangers respond back by saying, "its a toyota it does not break unless you purposely break it"

·
Registered
112 Posts

Yoda-san - not sure if you are getting the feedback/input requested from the folks with failed AIPs - but I wonder if people are missing the thread because "AIP" isn't understood by most folks, maybe if it were spelled out you'd get better traction? Good luck -

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

i agree about the abbreviation...

mods can we put air induction pump in the title so it shows up better and on more searches, etc? thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts

the queestion remains: how did he not know?????

he is a so called, "engineer" correct not only do they build things they try to find fault in them also. It might be just a feel good letter back to you.

For example a person with a FJ cruiser has fender bulges where it is actually cracking. The lead engineer person whoever and whatever that means responded back to him, "you know much G forces that needs to create that crack it needs 7 G forces to do that"...long story short many FJ cruiser have the bulges and some toyota mangers respond back by saying, "its a toyota it does not break unless you purposely break it"
I know the AIP failure thread is getting long and so wanted to create a new thread since my last post will be buried 20 pages deep...the engineer at Toyota for the AIP is more than happy to help and hopefully help those of you out that have had these failures. But we need more information for him...I just copied my post from the other thread.

TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS FOR ATTENTION. NOT BECAUSE I'M YELLING.

THE LEAD ENGINEER FOR THE AIP HAS RESPONDED TO MY EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING -

Hi Derrick,

I'm sorry it's taken me a while to respond, but I wanted to have an answer for you regarding your concerns about the AI pump.

At this point, I have brought this issue to the attention of our chief engineer, who is working with the quality department to investigate claims related to this issue in detail. In the meantime, can you provide me with the following with regards to the repairs done for the members of your online community: 1. Repair date, 2. Mileage at the time, and 3. Dealer name/city.

Read the "Engineer's" email...he has to follow the process...it's the Quality group that deals with these types of issues, NOT the Design Engineer(s)...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

have you been getting the info you need or do we need to start PMing the members who posted in the other thread...i can help do that if it helps to get this thing looked at to help people out down the line...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

So far I only have two PM's. So need more..I went through the other thread a week ago and counted 26 failures. So I know there's more out there...

·
Registered
112 Posts

That's frustrating... you may have found the express lane to resolution and nobody is jumping in.

Hang in there Yoda, maybe folks will tune in and cough up the info still... seems like a golden opportunity for Toyota to show us how they are re-taking the reins with regard to quality. Thanks again for your heads up play.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

I Agree with the others that the title is very confusing to most.

Make the title " AIR PUMP "

I would also start contacting the people who stated failure ...directly via PM.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Bump for more.

Is it possible for me to change the title? I looked real quick, but didn't see anything that popped out.

·
Registered
754 Posts

So far I only have two PM's. So need more..I went through the other thread a week ago and counted 26 failures. So I know there's more out there...
2 pms and 25 plus pages of the AIP thread :td: come on folks please PM him the info that is needed. I would like to know a fix for this through toyota not through one of our own engineer :) so we dont void warranty or anything.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

My eyes are bleeding. Just went through the 25 pages, found the peeps that have had the problem and sent them PM's.

Hopefully I'll start to hear more from people.

·
Registered
60 Posts

You're the man, yota. Thanks for taking the time and effort. Hopefully more people will help out by providing info. The customer relations rep I spoke with today explained to me that when Toyota recalled the V-6's with the oil cooler hose issue they reimbursed people who had paid to have theirs repaired out of warranty. The more attention we get from Toyota Corp. the more help we will get with this issue, be it past, present, or future. But to get that attention we need numbers and cases that are documented so the engineers can get the particulars. If you've had this problem PLEASE pm info to slowyota. Shameless BUMP.BUMP.

·
Registered
112 Posts

My eyes are bleeding. Just went through the 25 pages, found the peeps that have had the problem and sent them PM's.

Hopefully I'll start to hear more from people.
SlowYoda - I suspect that a bunch of us are going to save thousands of dollars each due to your extra efforts when someday, hopefully, Toyota starts covering AIP fixes on their dime and reimbursing folks who had to go out of pocket to fix this emissions device. IF those who have had this issue cough up the information for you -

Again, props to you and your clever use of the Web to get in touch with the engineers at Toyota directly.

·
Registered
306 Posts

You would think that Toyota could run the repair and order history of the AIP and find out the failure rate...

Especially, if a Engineer brings it to their attention. I guess he needs some hard facts for that to happen... Either that or a NHTSA investigation...

1 - 20 of 243 Posts