Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Tundra SR5 TRD 4X4 showed a trouble code of p2445. secondary air pump stuck off. I did some poking around on here and other forums and found this is a problem with lots of Tundras first AND second Gen. And it is expensive to fix. There are gizmos you can buy that bypass this set up. However,after talking with Toyota and my local car guru,we unhooked the vacuum lines from the two switches on the passenger side of the intake and I plugged the lines goin to the intake. after driving the truck twice,codes reset and truck runs fine.Here is a pic of the switches and plugged vacuum lines. Before shellin out huge money and or goin crazy trying to trouble shoot the pumps,try this. Hope it helps ya.
. 1116121923.jpg UPDATE: Truck ran great the day I did this. the next morning,no codes & ran great,after about a half hour drive the flipping code came back & it went in to limp mode,gggrrr...guess I will have to send Paul some money & get a module.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought one of Pauls modules. 20 minutes to solder the wires in,cleared the trouble codes,runs like it should. Thank you Paul.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had one of Pauls modules in for a month or so. I got a CEL & the truck went into limp mode again.Checked the wiring and module out,all ok. Cleared the codes and no problems for two weeks. Just did it again today. Start & warm the truck(low 30s temp),no codes at start up.drove about 20 minutes variable speeds & the light came on & truck was in limp mode. ANY thoughts would be greatly appriciated, if module wasnt working wouldnt it set a trouble code at start up? OBDII stuff is new to me and some what aggrivating heh heh. I am planning on putting in block off plates soon too.

·
Premium Member
5,453 Posts
I have had one of Pauls modules in for a month or so. I got a CEL & the truck went into limp mode again.Checked the wiring and module out,all ok. Cleared the codes and no problems for two weeks. Just did it again today. Start & warm the truck(low 30s temp),no codes at start up.drove about 20 minutes variable speeds & the light came on & truck was in limp mode. ANY thoughts would be greatly appriciated, if module wasnt working wouldnt it set a trouble code at start up? OBDII stuff is new to me and some what aggrivating heh heh. I am planning on putting in block off plates soon too.
Do you have the block off plates installed???
If you have a leaking AIP valve and no block off plates you can get a "valve stuck open" DTC which will cause limp mode.
There is a link to the print to make you own in my SIG or you can order them from paul.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I hope we got you straightened out. Should have contacted me first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
asc08
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing