Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already removed the mesh screen in the throttle body and the cabin filter is clean, yet the whistling continues.

I hear this high pitched whistle as I reach and exceed 35 / 40 mph, the sound remains constant with the fan turned on or off and it does not change as vehicle speeds or engine RPMs change. The whistling sound surrounds me, but it does seem to come from the dash / windshield area. The sound is reduced slightly when the recirculation button is on while heating or cooling, I also hear the whistle if I crack the window open... the Heat & AC system vents & damper are all functioning correctly.

I have run out of ideas and places to look - HELP.

·
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The process of elimination has narrowed my focus down to the doors, and I am looking at the Door Water Deflectors specifically. These are the Plastic sheets used underneath the door trim panel to prevent water intrusion.

·
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure that I have solved the problem.

My temporary solution: Painters tape over the top mirror bolt hole, another hole plus the top of the electrical power connection. I then cut some sound deadening acoustical foam and stuffed into the corner covers. A quick road trip confirms that my makeshift solution is working. I will use this solution for now, and work out a permanent solution later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts