Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advice on clever places to place my Firestone airbag inflation lines. I am installing a manual system, and was wondering where some of you terminated your inflation lines.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts

I have a portable tire compressor that I use to inflate the airbags. The valve is the shiny one. One on each side.

·
Registered
198 Posts
As mentioned above, I ran mine to the rear license plate area. I dropped the spare tire and clearanced the existing license plate holesto accept the air fittings and zip tied the lines to the spare tire balance bar under the bed. Sorry, no pics of the lines routed but can post pics of the end result showing the plate. I found this to be easier than opposite sides of the truck. With them right next to each other in the rear makes it easy if I have to give them a shot of air at the gas station while the trailer is hooked up. No running from side to side dragging the hose over the truck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I installed mine I determined I did not want to drill the bumper or bumper cover. I considered the above wheel location that Art64 shows a picture of, but that seemed to be a potentially debris-prone area to me. I ended up running them to an angle bracket on each of the rear fenders. If you poke your head under your rear bumper, about one foot from the rear of the truck you should have a braces running from the frame to each of the rear fenders. It is slotted and the stem fits in perfect. It is a very minor effort to pump on the stem.....but i love the out-of-sight location. Will try to post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I installed mine I determined I did not want to drill the bumper or bumper cover. I considered the above wheel location that Art64 shows a picture of, but that seemed to be a potentially debris-prone area to me. I ended up running them to an angle bracket on each of the rear fenders. If you poke your head under your rear bumper, about one foot from the rear of the truck you should have a braces running from the frame to each of the rear fenders. It is slotted and the stem fits in perfect. It is a very minor effort to pump on the stem.....but i love the out-of-sight location. Will try to post a pic tomorrow.
Thanks to all so far. I'd like to see some pics of this one tomorrow if you can.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks to all so far. I'd like to see some pics of this one tomorrow if you can.
Forgot about the camera on my cell....just took a couple of pics. Can send higher quality tomorrow if still needed. Couple of notes on pics. Taken with camera postioned at back bumper for idea of proximity to bumper. Also see that stem position is well protected by rear mud flap. Ran tubing from bag through c-channel part of frame to the back of truck and then down to the stem.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
a friend of mine in HS did his inside the bed. he ran the lines up to the bedside on the inside...and drilled the hole on the wall...kinda about midway up. said that way it always stayed clean and if he needed to top off while out he didnt have to get under or anything and get dirty. he did it up high enough he could reach them w/o opening the tailgate. just another idea.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I put mine on each side above the wheels. I used existing hole I found in the frame. This keeps the lines as short as possible and they are protected by the frame. Just look for holes nearby the top of the tire, no drilling required. I usually only need to add air to the bags when I get ready to tow,then I put additional air in the rear tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts