Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with an airbag light on a 2007 tundra, I was hoping someone could give me advice. I have an airbag light with codes for front right passenger impact sensor (B1610) as well as the drivers side impact sensor (B1695). I swapped both front sensors as well as all side impact sensors and the code doesnt follow any sensor, I traced the wires and have continuity all the way, had the module re-flashed (myairbags.com) and changed the clock spring all with no change in the codes.....Please Help before I lose it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really, really, really hate to say it but because of the safety implications it may be best to let the dealer handle this one.
they want to start by redoing everything i have done so far before trying anything else, and the labor isnt covered of course lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using a creader scan tool it reads the airbag codes, I assume it can clear them as well it has the option to clear the codes but they wont go away even after all the steps I listed

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
What do you mean by you swapped the sensors? Do you mean replaced them or moved the left to the right and vice versa?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by you swapped the sensors? Do you mean replaced them or moved the left to the right and vice versa?
I swapped left to right as the part numbers were the same on all impact sensors and the code didn't follow any sensor

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Ah, wasnt sure if you had checked. I know they are different for front, center and rear, thought maybe side to side was different too.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If you have a code for both left and right and they are both bad swapping them proves nothing. Buy 1 and change it out. If that let's you clear the one code buy the other and replace. Next might be replacing the module.
When you checked continuity did you make sure it was end to end of each wire and no continuity to the other wire, ground or shielding? Could be a short to GND on one side causing both.
I would need to look up the codes and wiring later to say anything more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a code for both left and right and they are both bad swapping them proves nothing. Buy 1 and change it out. If that let's you clear the one code buy the other and replace. Next might be replacing the module.
When you checked continuity did you make sure it was end to end of each wire and no continuity to the other wire, ground or shielding? Could be a short to GND on one side causing both.
I would need to look up the codes and wiring later to say anything more.
i have a code for front right , which i swapped with the front left and a code for left side which i swapped with the right side sensors. I wish it was as simple as a pair of bad sensors im going bald from trying to figure this one out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i check end to end and to other wires, everything so far has checked out. I was wondering if maybe the ECU might be the culprit since everything else has been checked or re-flashed and checked out

·
Registered
775 Posts
After you have tested the sensors by swapping them and nothing changed and having thoroughly tested all the wires and connectors the last step is just to replace the Center Airbag Sensor. There is no other information about it being serviceable or re-programmable and I don't know enough about them to call BS on having to be replace it. It simply states that if the bags were deployed to replace it. I can only speculate there are accelerometers or mechanical sensors that can damage themselves in an impact.

It is most likely not the ECU and that is the last thing to test or worry about until you have exhausted everything. Replace the CAS before moving on to the ECU.

Title: SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM: CENTER AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY (for Floor Shift Type): ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 - ]​
ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION
3. CHECK CENTER AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY (VEHICLE INVOLVED IN COLLISION AND AIRBAG IS DEPLOYED)
(a) Replace the center airbag sensor.

HINT: The center airbag sensor should be replaced after any of the airbags has deployed, as it has been subjected to the impact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you I will order one and try that, I have exhausted all other ideas. And I asked for advice on the other 2 Tundra websites without any responses. I will update as soon as I have replaced it, Thanks again you may have just saved my sanity LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After you have tested the sensors by swapping them and nothing changed and having thoroughly tested all the wires and connectors the last step is just to replace the Center Airbag Sensor. There is no other information about it being serviceable or re-programmable and I don't know enough about them to call BS on having to be replace it. It simply states that if the bags were deployed to replace it. I can only speculate there are accelerometers or mechanical sensors that can damage themselves in an impact.

It is most likely not the ECU and that is the last thing to test or worry about until you have exhausted everything. Replace the CAS before moving on to the ECU.

Title: SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM: CENTER AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY (for Floor Shift Type): ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION; 2007 MY Tundra [11/2006 - ]​
ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION
3. CHECK CENTER AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY (VEHICLE INVOLVED IN COLLISION AND AIRBAG IS DEPLOYED)
(a) Replace the center airbag sensor.

HINT: The center airbag sensor should be replaced after any of the airbags has deployed, as it has been subjected to the impact.
upon searching for this assembly it is showing that this is the airbag control module, we sent that to (myairbags) dot com to be re-programmed they tested and said this module was re-set and fully functional and the vehicle wasn't involve in an accident nor were the airbags deployed so I am again scratching my head

·
Registered
775 Posts
No reason the ECM would just throw those codes without the airbag control module telling it to. Disconnect it and see if you can clear the codes from the computer. Next thing would be to get a Techstream because a quick search shows many creader tools not being able to access the SRS. Also, I don't know anything about them but just because an online service says they re-programmed and tested it as fully functional doesn't mean they did and who knows to what extent. Unless you can verify all circuits, inputs an outputs were properly and thourouly tested it still could be faulty. Same thing goes for your wire connections. I don't have anything else for you other than to keep checking or take it to the dealer. They will replace the module and move on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No reason the ECM would just throw those codes without the airbag control module telling it to. Disconnect it and see if you can clear the codes from the computer. Next thing would be to get a Techstream because a quick search shows many creader tools not being able to access the SRS. Also, I don't know anything about them but just because an online service says they re-programmed and tested it as fully functional doesn't mean they did and who knows to what extent. Unless you can verify all circuits, inputs an outputs were properly and thourouly tested it still could be faulty. Same thing goes for your wire connections. I don't have anything else for you other than to keep checking or take it to the dealer. They will replace the module and move on.
Thanks again, i will try unplugging the module and try clearing the code, I see what you are saying about the honesty and ability of online services. Unfortunately our local dealership wants to start by tracing wires and redoing all the tests I have performed so far before changing anything. Thanks for the advice it really is appreciated!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts