Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 2008 trd 4x4 tundra. Do have a 3inch leveling kit on the front.
Am towing a 22.5 foot weekend warrior toy hauler.
Should i get some air bags to keep the rear up? It do squat quit a bit>>

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
It sounds like you might have to much tongue weight !

I pull a 32 foot offshore boat (39 feet from the trailer tongue to the outdrives) 10,000 lbs. and the truck sat only about 1 inch lower in the rear. I installed the bags and run about 25 PSI and now it sits perfect and tows great.

I don't know how or if the bags will work with a lift?

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Is this a tt or 5er? If tt do you have a wdh? Welcome to the forum and a little more info would help. If a tt air bag my not help a wdh hitch will. If 5er air will help a lot.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes- with a wdh the air bags will help. He says his lift is on the front.
Weekend warriors are rumored to post lighter than actual weights. Also if it is a front bed the tounge will be heavy.
Use a wdh and get the air bags!

·
Registered
513 Posts
get the air bags, they will help a lot and they are adjustable. you can get them kinda cheep and install them in about 2 to 4 hours depending on beers consumed

·
Registered
330 Posts
I hace 6 inch lift and the bags, love it, pull a 16' or 20' utility trailer between 12 to 14000 lbs, and it does so with not problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tow an Airstream with 900# tongue weight. Almost impossible to level the
truck with 1000# Equal-i-zer when fully loaded. Airbags are a must.
Rancho 9000xl's help too. Set on 5 loaded and unloaded, I think the ride when
not towing is improved too. Not so jiggly, lessens rebound on big bumps.
I have a camper shell, Line-X, and a rubber matt so this adds to the non-towing
weight and I find the ride very good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tnx for the info. its a tt and I do have the wdh. weekend warrior trailers sure are heavy!!!

Just ordered the bags.
should have them on by next weekend

·
Registered
525 Posts
i have a travel trailer toy hauler too. when i would load my 2 atvs and fill 100 gallons of water, my tundra was sagging quite a bit, even with a weight dist hitch... after installing the bags it is night and day difference. looks better, handles better, rides better. i usually pump them up to 40 psi then crank the wd hitch up and it sits right back up where it did without the trailer hooked up. i can even completely level it out without the wd hitch by filling about 65psi in the bags......but the ride gets a little stiff.

you will not be dissapointed with your purchase. they are simple to install if you have basic mechanical skills and hand tools. in my opinion, they are worth every penny.

if you got the firestone ride rite kit, i believe it tells you to cut the rubber off of the bump stops between the axle and frame rail. this seemed like a pain in the ***, so i loosened up the U bolts and just removed the whole bump stop. it was easier and faster than trying to cut the damn thing off...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts