Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Airlift lists the Landcruiser but not the Sequoia. Does anyone else make these for the Sequoia? The 2003 will have automatic load-leveling, perhaps using airshocks but airbags would be nice for older models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Airlift says yes

Here is their reply:

Edward: We just created a kit for that vehicle. The part number for the air bag kit is 60734 and the compressor system would be 25592. Thank You, Scott B.
Scott Bugbee
Customer Service Rep
800 248-0892 ext 238

No more 2003 envy!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You Can Also Inflate Tires

More from Airlift (start reading at bottom).

(The airtank might have to go under the hood).

Edward. The air bags are already isolated. You will be drawing air from the air tank only when airing up tires or toys. We have a coiled hose with an air chuck that is part of this kit. You have a pressure switch on the air tank to keep it pressureized at all times. It kicks the compressor on at 84psi and airs it up to 105psi. No need to worry. Thank You, Scott B.

Scott,

One last question. My truck tires run 35 PSI and my bicycle tires can use 100 PSI. Since the Quickshot can produce up to 100 PSI and the 1000 airbag is limited to 25 PSI, do I need some kind of valve to isolate the airbags while inflating tires? Suggestions?

Many thanks

Ed

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 12:32 PM

Subject: RE: Sequoia

Sorry: I meant to say mount the air tank on the inside of the rail. That's where both of them will be mounted. Thank You, Scott B.

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 3:53 AM
To: [email protected]

Thanks, where do you mount the TWO GALLON AIR TANK?

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 11:03 AM

That would be fine. You normally mount the compressor on the inside of the frame rail. Thank You, Scott B.

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 3:20 AM
To: 'Customer Service'

Scott,

If I want to have the ability to fill tires etc., can I use the Quick Shot compressor kit? Where do you mount the 2 gallon reserve tank?

Thanks

Ed

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: Sequoia

Edward: We just created a kit for that vehicle. The part number for the air bag kit is 60734 and the compressor system would be 25592. Thank You, Scott B.

Scott Bugbee
Customer Service Rep
800 248-0892 ext 238

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 3:17 AM

Subject: Sequoia

Do you make airlift bags for a Toyota 2001-2002 Sequoia? Compressor kit? If not, any plans?

Thank you
Ed

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted. Probably a dumb question but, could we lower the rear of the Sequoia to be level with the front and then air up the back when we need to haul stuff with this kit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Airlift under Load

My understanding is the bags must always have 5 lbs so they won't collapse. Before adding a load, run them up to 20 lbs, add the load, then adjust pressure downward as necessary.

I have never used them, all my prior experience was with GM automatic level control (which wasn't that strong).

Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rubber Inner Springs

Examining my SR5 4x4, I find rubber inner "springs". I would be afraid to remove these to install airlift bags. I think I'll wait to see how they do it in the 2003.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts