Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just checking ajsa.com and wheelers offload and their prices have gone up for the Bilstein 5100's by about 15%. For all four shocks delivered WITH our discount is $351. So an increase of $42 pr so. Cant remember if it was 309 or 306 delivered last week. Hope this is temporary. Wanting to get some in the near future. I did check and shock warehouse has the lowest prices now after these increases.

· Registered
165 Posts
make sure shockwarehouse has them in stock before you order. they're famous for not telling you they are backordered until you call after a week wondering where your stuff is..... don't ask how i know.
I learned the hard way too...:mad:

· Registered
1,425 Posts
well this sucks, hope its temporary too cause i was plannin on orderin em soon too

· Registered
688 Posts
AJUSA made two posts saying that prices are going up, from bilstein. They still are going to be the cheapest out, but bilstein upped their price 15%.

He said everyone should get their orders in before christmas, and then they would have to ship them at that rate.

-CJ

· Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,600 Posts
AJUSA made two posts saying that prices are going up, from bilstein. They still are going to be the cheapest out, but bilstein upped their price 15%.

He said everyone should get their orders in before christmas, and then they would have to ship them at that rate.

-CJ
Didn't see 'em. Well then... Chas gave fair warning.

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unless shock warehouse changes things they are the lowest buy a fair bit if we still get our member discount.

· Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Bilstein sets the price on their products. It's not AJUSA or Wheeler's doing it. ShockWarehouse has come on TS explaining this to us before.

Sent from my iPhone using the ad-free Autoguide app.

· Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,600 Posts
Bilstein sets the price on their products. It's not AJUSA or Wheeler's doing it. ShockWarehouse has come on TS explaining this to us before.
If your statement were true, there would be no disparity in pricing between the online/mail-order vendors we've seen here, and I think we've pretty much uncovered them all.

Bilstein can set the wholesale cost, but they don't define the price a retailer can charge. AJUSA, Shock Warehouse, et al, by raising their prices, have made a business decision to simply pass along their increased wholesale cost to their customers. It doesn't mean they have to.

· Registered
2,692 Posts
for socal folks anyway, AJUSA is about 20 minutes from bilsteins distributor. they can pick up their shocks themselves. if you can drive to them there is no shipping costs = cheep. shockwarehouse if in florida. wonder what it costs to have a pallet or 3 of shocks trucked across the country. then you pay to get them sent to you.

they both make something off you.....

· Premium Member
8,330 Posts
Now you're on to something. Wheelers in Oregon, AJ in SoCal, SW in Florida.... AJ probably has less overhead that way. Wheelers has no sales tax in OR (right?) .... I could be wording that wrong about Bilstein setting its price. Maybe it's Bilstein sets a price range? Sorry if this is bad or misleading info.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Now you're on to something. Wheelers in Oregon, AJ in SoCal, SW in Florida.... AJ probably has less overhead that way. Wheelers has no sales tax in OR (right?) .... I could be wording that wrong about Bilstein setting its price. Maybe it's Bilstein sets a price range? Sorry if this is bad or misleading info.

I sent a reply to AJUSA requesting their response about the discounted price BEFORE the end of the year. That got a lot of folks excited and if they want to retain their good rep, they should honor their word.

Maybe they bit more than they could chew? We'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.