Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Do you know if it is a factory system or an after market system? I believe the factory system is the RS3200. But it still may not be depending on what was done at the time of shipment of the truck.

I don't have the direct info on it but if you search for that system there is a lot of information here. I have a DC and that system doesn't work on them. I had to go after market.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

· Premium Member
2,437 Posts
If that is true then it is most likely that RS3200 system and I am pretty sure there are some threads on TS that will help you to program it. I remember running across some when I was trying to find out information for alarms on my truck.

Maybe someone else will offer up some assistance... but I would try to do some searching. When you do... do the advanced search for "rs3200" in the thread title, otherwise it will list every post with that in it.

· Premium Member
2,437 Posts
You got a good deal if it unlocks instantly with Automate. I had it installed and there was a 1-2 second delay & the install shop told me that was normal. I have never heard of that being normal,have you?
I have a Viper 5601 alarm/rs. It has that same delay which I don't like. The Toyota OEM keyless entry had no such delay.

I installed an additional module that interfaces with the door locks so that I didn't have to connect and diode isolate each door trigger wire and possibly install a relay or two. This was a simple connection module but I believe it is the cause of this delay. There are some other minor glitches and I suspect this same module may be the culprit. It may get removed in the near future.

· Premium Member
2,437 Posts
I honestly think for me it is the extra module that connects to the door lock system. It connect via data wire. So, one module to another... If that was removed and a relay with diodes (the tried and true tested way) installed I am thinking the delay will be gone. When I have some extra time I will try this out and post back... it will be a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.