Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 Tundra DC Ltd. already has a very noticeable pull to the drivers side. I haven't hit any major potholes or bumps, so I'm wondering what could be the cause.

Is it possible that towing a 19' trailer could have anything to do with it? I would like to remedy the problem before I pay at the dealership to have it aligned. I'm new to towing, so I just don't know.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My 07 Tundra DC Ltd. already has a very noticeable pull to the drivers side. I haven't hit any major potholes or bumps, so I'm wondering what could be the cause.

Is it possible that towing a 19' trailer could have anything to do with it? I would like to remedy the problem before I pay at the dealership to have it aligned. I'm new to towing, so I just don't know.
have ya checked tire PSI's, does it pull when braking or just going down highway? just take it in and tell them it is pulling and that you have not hit anything? did ya throw a wheel weight? it will probably have a BJ recall soon anyway but the more free wheel alignments the better!! when they do your alignment tell them you want the print out that shows before,after, and Toyota specs and they will hook you up!! it will show you where the problem is/was!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have ya checked tire PSI's, does it pull when braking or just going down highway? just take it in and tell them it is pulling and that you have not hit anything? did ya throw a wheel weight? it will probably have a BJ recall soon anyway but the more free wheel alignments the better!! when they do your alignment tell them you want the print out that shows before,after, and Toyota specs and they will hook you up!! it will show you where the problem is/was!
Hmm. Seems like it pulls going down the highway, mostly. On surface streets it doesn't seem as bad. I'll check my PSI for sure. I haven't ever really taken care of a vehicle so well before, but I'm certainly giving special attention to this one.

Thanks for the tip on the free alignment, too.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hmm. Seems like it pulls going down the highway, mostly. On surface streets it doesn't seem as bad. I'll check my PSI for sure. I haven't ever really taken care of a vehicle so well before, but I'm certainly giving special attention to this one.

Thanks for the tip on the free alignment, too.
please do not go and buy a .99 cent air gauge, spend 20.00$ and get one that will give you a decent reading!! tires are expensive and low PSI is dangerous! Competition Tire Gauge out of the 3 listed do the top one, i use one similar made by VIAIR and you can find them locally depending where locally might be!! Desert Rat 4x4x Shop is where i pick mine up!! found to be 5 to 6 PSI difference than the .99 cent gauges!! ya need to check air PSI regular as in once a week minimum!! so it does not pull when braking on flat road? only higway, take it and get it aligned like earlier post mentioned! is sterring wheel straight when parked?

·
Registered
764 Posts
it will probably have a BJ recall soon anyway but the more free wheel alignments the better!!

A problem recalling a BJ?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
A problem recalling a BJ?
Hey looks like they have not fixed the lower ball joint issues on the earlier trucks, and it would not surprise me if the new ones did not have same issue! my06 just had the BJ recall done! this is hopefully not new news about tundras Ball Joint problems i hope! it has been going on for almost 6 years!:confused: and no they have not had issues with the 07's and i hope they do not!!:tu:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
please do not go and buy a .99 cent air gauge, spend 20.00$ and get one that will give you a decent reading!! tires are expensive and low PSI is dangerous! Competition Tire Gauge out of the 3 listed do the top one, i use one similar made by VIAIR and you can find them locally depending where locally might be!! Desert Rat 4x4x Shop is where i pick mine up!! found to be 5 to 6 PSI difference than the .99 cent gauges!! ya need to check air PSI regular as in once a week minimum!! so it does not pull when braking on flat road? only higway, take it and get it aligned like earlier post mentioned! is sterring wheel straight when parked?

Thanks, I'll check that out. Now, do you have an air compressor at home or do you just go to the corner gas station? Is there a difference?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Thanks, I'll check that out. Now, do you have an air compressor at home or do you just go to the corner gas station? Is there a difference?
Compressor at home, you want to check pressure when the tires are "cold".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine pulls to the right. I have had it to the dealer 3 times and it still pulls. Granted, I have a 2.5" revtek lift and 285/65 BFG KO's. Do other people with lift and tire mods have alignment problems that can't seem to be corrected? Would going back to the factory tire size help? Unfortunately I never drove the truck prior to the dealer doing the lift and tires so I don't have anything to compare to.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Compressor at home, you want to check pressure when the tires are "cold".

What kind of compressor do you use? I've looked at several online and while I want to buy a quality product, I don't want to overspend as I'm only using it for tire inflation.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
What kind of compressor do you use? I've looked at several online and while I want to buy a quality product, I don't want to overspend as I'm only using it for tire inflation.
I have a 60 gal "husky" from home depot. You don't need one of those. For the Dirt Bikes, I used to use a Coleman 150 psi rechargable, but it burned up, now I use CO2.

Go cheap on the inflator, they break.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So what do you guys recommend on tire pressure, regular driving. The max it says on the tire is 44psi. I have it at 40 right now, what does everyone think?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'd just go to Harbor Freight and get the best portable pancake, round tank or standard tank compressor for under $100. These will have tank capacity of between 1 gallon and 4 gallon. With the prices on these things there is no excuse for anybody spending $35-$45K on a new truck not to have one in the garage. Also, at those prices consider the compressor a disposable item when/if it does go bad (I've been using one of their 4gal pancake compressors for about 4 years now wihtout a problem, including moving it between garage, hangar, shop etc...). My compressor is currently listed at $149 but I bougt it for about $90 on sale. These things are always going on sale at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So what do you guys recommend on tire pressure, regular driving. The max it says on the tire is 44psi. I have it at 40 right now, what does everyone think?

My rear tires were dealer set at 35 and I lowered it to 32 to try and help reduce bouncing down the Los Angeles freeways. The fronts were at 33 and I still have em at 33.

Yeah, I know, off topic:eek: .

·
Registered
46 Posts
My rear tires were dealer set at 35 and I lowered it to 32 to try and help reduce bouncing down the Los Angeles freeways. The fronts were at 33 and I still have em at 33.

Yeah, I know, off topic:eek: .
I thought since tire psi has to do something with alignments as well, I didn't think it was that off topic.

But thanks for your answer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts