Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my notice in the mail the other day about the all weather floor mat recall and decided to take advantage of some new floormats while the dealership was replacing my gas petal (I already had the shim installed but was experiencing the 'jack rabbit' affect).

The new floormats are wimpy, weak, and I feel as if I got ripped off. Nothing beats the rugged old all weather floor matts that caught the water and run off from the snow and rain.

The new AWFM will not catch anything. They do not have the deep grooves and are not as thick as the old ones.

I know that toyota claims that there is an issue with the floor matts and the gas petal but I never had a problem.

Just an FYI I wouldn't take advantage of the new floormats regardess of the gas petal issue. If installed right and paid attention to, you wont have a problem. I've been had.....

·
Registered
297 Posts
I brought my truck in last Sunday for the recall. When they told me about the mat recall and showed me what they were installing I told them under NO circumstances will they touch my Toyota all weather mats. I was extremely explicit in my instructions and had to sign a waiver. I paid for the quality and durability that come with the all weather mats...not the crap that they wanted to install instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called the headquarters and they said that they will reimburse me for my old floormats IF I provide proof of reciept. I bought them off of *bay...... I dont have no receipt. What a scam.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anybody recommend an alternative for the old tundra floormats? Do any of the aftermarket products have to groves that catch the water, sand and run off? Thankyou in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can anybody recommend an alternative for the old tundra floormats? Do any of the aftermarket products have to groves that catch the water, sand and run off? Thankyou in advance.

WeatherTech, they are an awesome fit plus no where near the gas pedal. They asked me yesterday at the dealership to shave my gas pedal, we looked at the pedal and mat and it's not even close to touching.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've mentioned this before in another thread - take out the floor mats before having any service done at a dealership.

Just put them back in when you get home.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Love my WeatherTechs! I do wish that they stayed in place better; the fronts move around......

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those who feel they have been let down or ripped off when the dealer took your OEM all weather mats, call 800-331-4331 (Toyota's main office) and explain to them why you would like your old mats back and/or a refund ($129).
My OEM all weather mats had clips that held them in place. I drove from Miami to Anchorage, AK and back with them not moving a millimeter.
I was unaware that you can sign a waiver to keep your original mats but you will have to sign this waiver before they take your mats.
Driving a Limited with the replacement mats that look like linoleum and do absolutely NOTHING to control liquid runoff is unacceptable.
Demand action as long as we all stand together on this we will get results.

:angrywife:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any body have pics of the new AWFM's? I'm curious to see what they look like.

My AWFM's are no were near the pedal and don't move at all. I don't understand the need for the recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any body have pics of the new AWFM's? I'm curious to see what they look like.

My AWFM's are no were near the pedal and don't move at all. I don't understand the need for the recall.
The new mats are starting to show up on ebay if you want to see pictures of them.

Toyota Motor Corporation called today after my complaint that the new all weather mats do nothing to contain spills or snow melt. They are issuing me a $75 gift card for my troubles. I have searched high and low for a front set of the old OEM's (black) to no avail. Gonna miss the "TUNDRA" logo when I or my passengers open the front doors.

I suggest you keep your mats at home if you plan to take it to the dealer. They will remove them! They told me that they cut them in half before sending them back to TMC. I am guessing that my old model OEM's are in someone's truck at the dealership )::td:

·
Registered
297 Posts
You can deny that part of the recall if you know that's part of it. I denied it and signed a waiver.

However, I'll sell my OEM all weather mats to anyone for the right price...;)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
That sucks I would have been pissed! I don't have the AWFM but I did drop my truck off last week for some work to be done. I told them that I didn't want anyone touching my gas pedal or anything else period. He just said that I got the letter in the mail and that was the warning and what I did or didn't do with the recalls was my choice.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I was driving my Ford work vehicle the other day. Looked down and notice over several days or so the floormat became dislodged from the little peg that holds it in place (probably from me kicking it repeatedly while twisting my feet around there) and bunched up near the gas pedal. I wonder if I should alert Ford to do a recall.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Same for me with the waver as of yesterday when I was getting some service done. They also did the peddle circumcision (no biggie here).
When I seen the mats they were going to install I told them no f-ing way I would let them swap them for the crap they were offering.

Clearly not in the same league.

~JH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Waderman1... Same exact thing happend to me.... they threw away my old Nice rubber mats.. in return got the thin cheap rubber mats with no egde to catch water mud and sand.

i called the 1800 number they gave me 1 800 331 4331 and since i couldnt find the reciept toyota is going to give me $120 credit for anything i want at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have WeatherTechs in my 07 DC. They fit too well! They actually rub the door at the bottom where the pocket is on the drivers side. I do believe if you use the provided hooks with ANY of the mats, there should not be an issue. I love my WeatherTech mats!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use both mats. Neither has moved unless I pull them off. In fact there is a worn spot where my heal rests so that's the proof that it doesn't move. No where near the pedal in question. Total B/S.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Toyota is really starting to piss me off!! I got an oil change and of course I got the you have two recalls due on your truck. I asked what all is involved with the recalls. Well first we cut and shim the pedal. I said I just wanted the new pedal. We can't do that, You must call 1-800 customer service to get that approved. To no avail, You have to try the shim first. FINE, I said whats the other part of the recall? Then we reflash your ECM. I said that's all you're going to do. He said yes. After all day I finally get my truck back and you guessed it, They put those worthless new mats in my truck. I went back in and said I want my mats back. He said that's part of the recall. I said these mats are not all weather mats like i had. Let me talk to my service manager and see what we can do. Of course he had left for the day. I'll talk to him and call you tommorrow. Wed. came and went and no call. Went up there this am and told them I want the pedal replaced and my mats back. Getting new pedal Mon. But he's still waiting to hear what he can do legally about the mats. I still have my window sticker that says the mats were a $149. I want my mats or my money back. What's next, Go in and they take your nice aluminum wheels and put cheap steel ones on! This is my sixth Toyota truck and has already been in the shop 5 times. My tailgate has a big dent from carrying a motorcycle, Chrome on grill is starting to bubble, Radio has been replaced, Now this!! What happened to Toyota quality? Guess I just needed to vent guys but very frustrating.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts