Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Been lurking here and decided to post a discussion to help me make final decision on my new Tacoma.

It will mainly be my daily work truck for light hauling and then weekend work around the house. Also have 2 young kids .. so the Double Cab is a must have,,,,(This will not be the main family car since ..we also have a SUV).

Here are the things I need to decide and please feel free to comment.

I am about to buy a Tacoma Prerunner '07 DC TRD based on wanting the TRD having the better "looks" and extra features that are included.

Decision (1) TRD = Sport vs Off Road
Frankly I would probably do better with the Pre-runner TRD Sport version...since I do not plan to do any serious off roading and we are in the south.. no snow.

But I do not like the fake hood scoop and I prefer the chrome front and rear bumper. I realize this is totally subjective.. but I have to go what I like to look at.

Also I was wondering about the difference in suspension.. I do not like too stiff of a ride (I prefer a softer more forgiving ride) But I drove both TRDs back to back and "on the road" I did not really feel a big difference.

Any help on which one is "softer".. So far my decision is to go with OFF Road.

Decision 2 = Color? Indigo Ink, Impulse red or Silver

I know ... there are plenty of opinions on this.. I do LOVE the Indigo Ink and the Dark Red...but my question is will I still love the darker colors in 5-10 years.. I do not wash my cars every week. So i am afraid the dark colors will look worse. Also the dark colors are "hotter" in the summer months.

So my choice is leaning towards Silver.. I know boring.. But will look cleaner longer and will not show scratches etc.

Anyone want to pipe in .. Like I said I really like the Indigo. I would buy it if i was only keeping the truck for a few years. But I hope to have it for 10 years!

Thanks for reading my long winded rant... I am ready to buy and just need a little friendly encouragement. (My wife said "just buy the darn thing" already.)

·
Registered
124 Posts
My only input is color ... I have the Indigo and it just pops! My last Toyota was a '94 dark blue and it looked as good as it did the day I drove it off the lot 13 years ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Blue is sweet... I may go that route.
Thanks for letting me know.. the Blue will hold up the test of time.

But my practical side is saying "silver"

We'll see.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The suspension question on which has a 'softer ride' the Sport or TRD has been discussed at length. You can do a search and find many arguments back and forth one saying Sport another TRD. However, I don't believe there is any disagreement in that if you want the 'softest ride' the SR5 is the way to go. Tire choice/tire pressure/shocks will have more of an the softness of the ride than which suspension you ultimately choose.
As far as the color choice, I'm in agreement with you on the dark colors, they require more washing to keep them looking good and the southern sun seems to run havoc on the paint. The choice is purely subjective though, I would pick a color you not going to get sick of in a few years unless, however; you don't plan on keeping it longer than that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
447 Posts
the blue is nice, but im gonna say silver,which is what i have. relatively easier to keep clean than darker colors(doesnt show dirt as much), and to me,it gos good with either black or stainless accessories(nerf bars or steps, brush guards,etc), but either way......youll love your truck!!( and if you r like alot of us, youll be modding it like crazy:D) good luck!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
As for color, go with the Silver. Why? Two reasons: 1) You stated that you won't wash your vehicle every week...and 2) Silver is a classic color that will never get old. My opinions of course.

As for the suspension, my last truck was an '05 Tundra w/the TRD Off Road and it was pretty bumpy compared to my '04 Silverado w/the "Smooth Ride Pkg."

I have an '07 Tacoma (non-PreRunner) now, and the ride is much silkier. Like flyman767 said, you may want to consider a DC w/o either suspension.

Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
40 Posts
THe difference start at some minor exterior details stuff. The sport has 17 in. rim vs. 16 on the offroad. The ofroad has a locker vs. the LSD on the Sprt. Suspension is "tuned" differently between the two, aswell as tire difference from street tires to basic "all terain" tires. The Sprot just seems to look alot bigger. But that just might be me, especially in white...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts