Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I ordered Alpine radio/NAV/Sirius/Bluetooth/iPod/Backup cam set-up. Not to have installed for a week, as the parts come in. A week from Monday looks good.

Have NAV on another vehicle and really like it. Not Alpine Blackbird, so will see if I like it as well.

Think I will also like the backup cam.

Craig

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like someone got a nice deal there... how much was everything for? Where are you planning to hide the "brain" unit and mic?
Which model is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just purchased the 505 last week as well. I have to say, I was not happy that I had to touch the screen to work the iPod menu all the time. The other thing is that the angle of the screen in the taco is not very good for daytime use. I am currently looking to see if any other manufacturers offer full remote usage and the ability to upright the screen. Any ideas?

·
Registered
113 Posts
The other thing is that the angle of the screen in the taco is not very good for daytime use. I am currently looking to see if any other manufacturers offer full remote usage and the ability to upright the screen. Any ideas?
Yours is facing up too high? Because you can angle the screen upward.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As in set at default, no angle. Making it angle up just makes it worse. It needs to angle top going outward to cabin not top going inward to deck.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I have about the same setup - but with a Pioneer D3 - I have still not found a great location for my mic - anyone have a good solution?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
113 Posts
As in set at default, no angle. Making it angle up just makes it worse. It needs to angle top going outward to cabin not top going inward to deck.
Did you install it yourself?

What dash kit do you have? You should be able to angle the whole unit inside the dash kit so it's at a different angle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I did intstall, the Metra Kit that comes with it from Crutchfield. No angle change seemed possible. There is a partition in the rear of the install cavity and seems like it would be in the way if it was even possible. As for the remote, I spoke to Alpine and that is what is designed to do. They mentioned that Apple has some tort of patent on the click wheel function design. Which I think is false because I am in the multi media integration business and we use home and business docks that do so much more than an Alpine head unit. We even configure remotes to act just like the click wheel of an iPod. Anyway, I am told this is as good as it gets. Shocking to me, but guess I will make the best of it. As for the screen, please let me know if there is some sort of adjustment that can be made. If not I will have a tint eyebrow installed to see if it helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had to move my sat antenna about three inches. Other than that I have had no trouble.

I especially like my backup cam. It works well. With little kids, I am always concerned I might miss one. One piece of added security.

The Blackbird also works well.

The only thing I am not too happy with is the bluetooth for cell phone. Quite a bit of echo on the receivers end. In the truck it is alright. Not sure if moving the microphone will help or not. It is on the steering wheel. Anyone with ideas?

Craig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts