Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was SOOO excited about the 35/13.50/18 Pro Comp XTC's that I bought. UNTIL I hit the damn search button... Now, all I have are questions: Will they fit? What about the speedo? Will they hit the sway bar? Is my 3" suspension lift enough? Will the TRD brakes be strong enough? AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!:selfdestruct:

Ya'll take the fun outta everything.:)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I think jowettengineering runs some real wide tires, and maybe some others have 325's. You might be ok. I assume you are using aftermarket wheels? Try to send a PM to mhollack, he always knows tire questions.

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
(typical stocker) 265/55-R18 is about 29.5" x 10.4" x 18"
(33" metric tire) 285/65-R18 is about 32.6" x 11.2" x 18"
(35" metric tire) 305/70-R18 is about 34.8" x 12.0" x 18"

you got a 35" x 13.5" x 18" tire...

You'll need a big# (-) offset wheel, as mentioned by krewitup, or a decent size wheel spacer like 1.5" or so. But that's on paper and I don't have those tires or 18" wheels, so what do I know...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
You might be alright on the lift part, but understand that you have to have a TRUE 3" lift... you have a REAL 35" tire and you'll need all of that height for sure. I think you'll be alright for the back-spacing in terms of the UCA though you'll be pretty close (I seem to recall somebody had similar tires and only 2mm or so of UCA clearance) but the bigger issue are the body-mounts and the fender well when turning. Your skid plate will definitely need to be trimmed back and you'll probably loose both the front and rear mud flaps on the front wheels. No issue for the TRD Sway Bar at all I think... it doesn't come close to any of those components. Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
This is entertaining...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gonna figure this out for sure. These tires are SICK!! I am running the Pro Comp 4028's 18x9. I emailed ProComp to find out what the B.S. and Offset is for sure. We shall see!!

p.s.

I measure the tire height. The actually measure about 34" tall not the 35" stamped on them and 13" wide, not 13.5". Of course, thats without air in them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you have a real 3" lift and a decent offset like +30-35 you should be ok. If you get a +18 offset or anything lower than that you will rub. When I say you'll be ok, I mean you might rub on plastic crap sometimes but should be clear of your body mount.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I am still trying to get the off set numbers. I bought these off a SEMA truck on ebay so I didnt get to pick and choose the off set. I am gonna figure this out either way. Should look GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a off set chart on the internet that takes wheel width and backspacing and tells you what your off set should be. According to it my off set is positive 19. So, this is gonna get interesting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here is a pic of mine without the flares when I first got my wheels and tires. My wheels are a +18 offset and the tires are 325 wide.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts