Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replacing my 1st Gen Tundra front sway bar links for the second time. The last greasable set from NAPA had blue tapered shaped poly bushings that are substantially larger than the straight cylindrical shaped Moog replacements I just bought. Yes I made sure I bought the correct kits for the off road suspension. The old tapered NAPA seemed to fit the dished sway bar end a little better that the undersized cylindrical Moog. What shape are the stock bushings? I don’t know because a garage replaced them last time while it was in for inspection years ago and one was broken. Am I overthinking this? I was just surprised to see the bushings were a different size and shape. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 SR5 Tundra 4.7 V8 AC
172 Posts
Automotive tire Wheel Tire Rim Auto part

This is the swaybar bushing kit from Energy Suspension which is what you should be using anyways

There are 2 different sizes. All the info is on their site. Here's a link

to answer your question, yeah, I think you're overthinking it. I'm sure the black moog ones you bought will work just fine. Sway bars are just an optional feature to improve handling onroad anyways. Some people remove them all together. Offroading is better without it

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah. I went with Energy Suspension just a few weeks ago on the Front Sway Links. The links were about 4 years old with 28k miles on them. The 4w Place used Oreillys Sway Links made by Import Direct. Called O’Reilly and asked for a $ on the Bushings Only...4 for $45!!! Woooo!!!

Looked on the Big Guurrrl website and found some Energy Suspension ones for $14 for set of 8! We only need 4, so now there is a back up set for next time. Stoked. You’ll have to slightly drill out the washers to fit (at least for the Import Directs). Some others on the reviews say the same. Highly recco!

The ES Bushings are way firmer to the Hand than the others. Truck does handle better. I’m a Sway Bar guy and have a Hellwig 7700 on the Rear, too.

Automotive tire Gas Fruit Ingredient Soil

Old on the left. New ES on right. You can see the cone taper not present on the Original ID but is there on the ES. Perfect.
Tire Automotive tire Rim Cameras & optics Audio equipment

Automotive tire Tire Sports equipment Rim Circle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts