Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one to have noticed that the TRD Sport comes with color keyed/matching side-view mirrors and door handles....except for the tailgate latch???

That black plastic latch would look fine with the non-TRD Sport black plastic door handles and side-view mirrors, but when it is the only black plastic latch on the otherwise color-keyed truck, it stands out like a sore thumb.

YMMV,

EDJ

·
Registered
579 Posts
Never thought of this - get a black one. Then the issue with the tail gate handle becomes invisible.
But how about this fake hump on the hood? Is that less visible in black also? (I hate fake things for some reason).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never thought of this - get a black one. Then the issue with the tail gate handle becomes invisible.
But how about this fake hump on the hood? Is that less visible in black also? (I hate fake things for some reason).
Ditto, the scoop looks ghey. Anyone take off the plastic insert that actually prevents cool air from getting into the engine bay?

EDJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Although the Sport tailgate handle doesn't tie into the mirrors and door handles, it does match the top of the bumper. I don't know why it was made this way. I'm sure many may surmise that it was to cut costs. Perhaps it was because the plastic handle wouldn't show scratches as badly as a color coded one when it was being opened/closed for work.

Are there many functional hood scoops out there these days across all manufacturers?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"ghey" <<< what is this word supposed to mean? You are a moderator? :td:
Fine, it looks LAME. Better?
The ultra-sensitivity level you demonstrate may have some other organic origins you should investigate instead of lashing out at those around you. Unhealthy IMHO.

EDJ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fine, it looks LAME. Better?
The ultra-sensitivity level you demonstrate may have some other organic origins you should investigate instead of lashing out at those around you. Unhealthy IMHO.

EDJ

Yes, in fact, '"lame" is better (but, who knows, maybe people with leg injuries will be bothered by that adjective). :)

Look, I'm a moderator of a message board too. It's sometimes tough to read criticism of what one may allow, or disallow. But, frankly, the "gay" is "not right" innuendo is just not cool. This is 2007. Try to choose your words so that you don't give people the impression you are a homophobic troglodyte.

BTW. No, I'm not gay. But some of my very best friends are. No kidding. I don't like it when I get the impression from anyone's choice of words, or turn of phrase, that choosing to consider something that is "not right" is "gay".

I'd like to apologize for taking this seemingly obtuse remark so far off topic from the subject of this forum. But, I'm very disappointed that this forum I enjoy so much, would just let this kind of disrespect go unchecked.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Think someone might be a little sensitive. HEY! WAIT A SECOND. I have a TRD SPORT. I do not limp and pretty sure I am not ghey. Well sometimes my wife says I pick out colors better than she does:devil: :devil: I happen to like my fake hump on my hood thank you very much LOL:)
Oh and I know people who know people that are ghey and walk with a limp too:ts:

·
Registered
520 Posts
"ghey" <<< what is this word supposed to mean? You are a moderator? :td:
I agree, as a mod you should try and set a little higher standard. I personally think your debadging looks like dump, but I didn't come out in your thread and state it like a twelve year old. :td:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Back on topic....

No, I never noticed, but I have a black truck so it blends in.

I figure they probably did it because it won't show damage like a painted metal one would. The handle on my old Chevy was painted and it was scratched like mad.

As for the hood scoop, I like it... even if it doesn't work. It's not the best for wheeling as it blocks your vision a fair bit, but it separates my truck from the couple of non Sports that live in the area.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, in fact, '"lame" is better (but, who knows, maybe people with leg injuries will be bothered by that adjective). :)

Look, I'm a moderator of a message board too. It's sometimes tough to read criticism of what one may allow, or disallow. But, frankly, the "gay" is "not right" innuendo is just not cool. This is 2007. Try to choose your words so that you don't give people the impression you are a homophobic troglodyte.

BTW. No, I'm not gay. But some of my very best friends are. No kidding. I don't like it when I get the impression from anyone's choice of words, or turn of phrase, that choosing to consider something that is "not right" is "gay".

I'd like to apologize for taking this seemingly obtuse remark so far off topic from the subject of this forum. But, I'm very disappointed that this forum I enjoy so much, would just let this kind of disrespect go unchecked.
Squelching free speech? :td:

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Back on Topic :tu:

I think its a toyota thing. As leland pointed out with the Supra, I had a pre-tacoma 1995 Toyota Pickup SR5 and 1987 Toyota Turbo Pickup SR5. SR5 was Toyota's high end trim level prior to them adopting the limited trim level. Both trucks had every option available and in that day, nothing color matched but was trimmed out in chrome. Guess what? The tailgate latch looks exactly like the one on my Tacoma today. Flat black. Who knows the logic? Who knows why they don't market a CK option in the tacoma either???? Or light the 4WD dial??? Or add some air vents close to the door pillars for defogging??

It all comes down to $$$. Pennies x 100s = fatter profits. And me and I guess others buy into it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts