Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Post, I am loving my new to me 05 DC. It really needs some black rims. I have decided on the American Racing Chamber. Does anyone out there have them on a truck like mine.
I am looking at the 16 *8. If someone has them , please let me know if they fit ok, include a picture of your rig with them if you have them.

Troy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No luck so far, how about any double cabs with black rims, I am looking for some options. I can't seem to find some chambers anyway, they are sold out everywhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you do go with the American Racing rims, make sure that your lug wrench will fit in the hole the stud sticks out of. Had to get towed today after having a flat. Stock lug wrench too big to fit in hole on my rims to take nuts off. Impact socket tow truck driver had too thick walled as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really like the Chamber wheels also but I wonder about the teflon holding up. They should stay clean but what about scratches and dings? I picture a teflon coated frying pan after a few years and how messed up that looks. Just a thought because they do look really cool!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have American Racing 767's on my Phantom Grey DC. I think they look good. Unfortunately my camera and computer are smarter than I am so I cant seem to make the pics I've taken small enough to post here.

I had to buy 1/4" spacer plates to clear the front calipers. $10 at Big O. Also had to buy lug nuts that were 1/4" deeper than the standard acorn ones to make up for the Steelies not being as deep. $1.25 each at Big O. And yeah I had to toss a new lugwrench in the saddlebox.

(2 x $10)+(24 x $1.25)= $50.00

A buddy of mine got the teflon Mojaves from American Racing and had to do the same thing. The teflon on his doesnt keep the wheel clean, it's just easier to clean the dirt off. Durability seems good, they've been on about a year and aren't scratched up.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I have American Racing 767's on my Phantom Grey DC. I think they look good. Unfortunately my camera and computer are smarter than I am so I cant seem to make the pics I've taken small enough to post here.
A really easy way to shrink the pics is just open it in Paint shop and then you can go up to image Stretch/skew and then you will see Horizontal and vertical at 100%. Change those amounts to something smaller like 50% for both. This will make the pic smaller and then save it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts