Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the AMP Research Powersteps? These things are amazing !!! you open the door, they fold down, you close the door, they fold away. Amazing. Only one problem, THEY DONT MAKE THEM FOR THE TUNDRA !!!!

what gives? why not make them for Tundra's???

AMP Research | Power Step | Bed X-Tender

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree, they look good. I wonder if there is some structural brace/etc in the way on the Tundra?

I have been looking for some steps and like the look of these. Maybe I can email them and get some info.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I inquired about these a year ago. As you know, they don't have one for us. And don't expect them to start making them now that the new style is out:cry:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
they do make a powerstep for the tundra. i can't remember the brand but i do know that it's not the full length style but more like a step style. they're not cheap either! i believe they were around $700 complete with everything you need. they drop down 3 in when you open the door & fold up and under when the door is closed. max weight is 350 lbs i believe. i was going to get some for my '01 but they were way too $$$. i'll see if i can find the magazine i saw them in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is the reply I got from AMP today. They were very prompt.

Hello Bryan,

First I would like to thank you for your interest in our Amp products.
Second, unfortunately we will not offer power step this year for your vehicle.
There is a possibility we may offer one next year but this is something that still has not been agreed upon.
I do apologize for not having a better answer for.

Thank you,

Oh well....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the reply I got...

Hi Mario,

Sorry, we do not have an application for your 06 Tundra and we do not plan to produce one. We are looking at the all new 07 Tundra and I believe in a few months we will have this application. I don't know if it will fit your 06 however.

Thank you for your interest.

Bruce

·
Registered
92 Posts
4wheelparts.com has these single steps that are electric. they come in black and polished. go all they way to the bottom and you'll see em.

Kodiak Steps

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: AMP Research Power Step by Electricstep.com

Get ready here they come. Call us at Electricstep.com for details. Applications will fit the Tacoma. This is an existing application made to work for the Toyota Tacoma family. Details are available if you call us at 323-276-2999.

:rolleyes: good thing we have tundras ;)

well maybe if it works for taco's we can rig it to work with tundras.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just make sure you guys aren't looking at the kodiak sidewinders! These are a piece of junk and they are expensive.

I have had numbers friends and people i know that have these on there trucks/SUV's and they fail within the first few months and Kodiak wont fix or repair them.

This is why you see the trucks that have them stuck in the down position all the time.

just something to think about (BTW i am sad to here the news from AMP)

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's funny is I first saw AMP Research's Powerstep, AND the new '04 Double Cab at the '03 SEMA show in Vegas. The Powerstep was on the Tundra. I have a picture, but it's too large to post. (And I'm not saavy enough to know what to do otherwise.):rolleyes:

·
Forum Admin
8,265 Posts
What's funny is I first saw AMP Research's Powerstep, AND the new '04 Double Cab at the '03 SEMA show in Vegas. The Powerstep was on the Tundra. I have a picture, but it's too large to post. (And I'm not saavy enough to know what to do otherwise.):rolleyes:
put it in your gallery, I want to see it too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
AMP Research POWERSTEPS for Tundra coming Feb 08

Ok I heard that this next week at the SEMA show in Vegas AMP Research is going to debut it's PowerStep for the 2007/08 Tundra. :D

They will become available for sale to the general public around February of 2008. :eek:

Glad to hear AMP Research has decided to do this. I really like their products and can't wait to get this for my Tundra.

:)
Ruben

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bet that the Powerstep for the Tacoma's would fit the Tundra's.. Underneath the trucks are pretty similar.. It wouldnt be hard to check the measurements for the Tacoma double cab against the Tundra for fitment.

·
Forum Admin
8,265 Posts
I bet that the Powerstep for the Tacoma's would fit the Tundra's.. Underneath the trucks are pretty similar.. It wouldnt be hard to check the measurements for the Tacoma double cab against the Tundra for fitment.
If you're willing to drill holes and install some nutserts into your cab's underside, this option WILL work. This is exactly what I did to install N-FAB steps on my '05 Tundra AC, the steps I have were marketed for '05 Taco DC. The length is almost the same, just a couple inches shorter. There are no pre-existing bolt holes, gotta make your own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts