Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install CDT CL61A Comps in the front of a 2010 DC Tundra,and eventually CL-6EX CDT Audio 6.5 coax in the rear. I want to know what everyones suggestions are for amps to power these speakers and eventually sub(s) down the line. Thanks in advance.:boink:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've said it before but the Zed Audio Leviathan gets my vote as the highest quality, most versatile amp available right now (for the money hehe). I can't claim to have been able to listen to one myself, but I've spoken with several owners and also with the guy who designed it: Stephen "The Man" Mantz. Call the company and he will most likely answer. Another big plus to me is that it's one of the few amps still built in the U.S. With the Leviathan you could run 150Wx4 into your components/coaxials and then put 500W into your subs. Trust me, I have no affiliation with Zed but I know what I would do if I were buying a new amp.

-Wes

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check out sundown, and cadence amps. Not many people other than the audiophiles really mess with these brands. Good stuff

·
Registered
404 Posts
Check out sundown, and cadence amps. Not many people other than the audiophiles really mess with these brands. Good stuff
I've also heard lots of great things about Sundown amps and actually looked into getting one since I was on a budget. The people who own them seem to really like them. Honestly, I think you would be just as happy by going with a good 4 channel amp and then powering your rears with the headunit. The rear speakers in the DC seem to be in a terrible place for acoustics anyway (almost buried under the back seat) and your speakers are pretty sensitive. You could take like an Arc Audio KS 300.4 and then power the fronts with their own channels and then bridge the other two for the subs. If the Zed Leviathan is out of your price range, I would look into the the Arc Audio KS 300.4 or the Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D which both cost about 40% less than the Zed ($350 vs. $600).

-Wes

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
That is way too steep for me, I am thinking budget friendly and good quality performance. Good thought though.
Certainly understand the budget issue. As far as quality and performance, I think many people would vouch for the McIntosh in those areas. I will have to check out the cadence and sundown. The amps that I owned in the past were Lanzar. I never had any problems with them. I recently looked into Alphasonik. They are cheap but overall numbers look good:noidea:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ey dude im not sure what the RMS is for the speakers but have you looked at this, Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack Upgrade your Alpine receiver to 45 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com
It just hooks up to your deck and gives you 45 watts RMS to each speaker. 45 watts RMS x4 at 4 ohms. Its nice so you do not have to run wires. Don't get it from crutchfiled tho its cheaper at Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers. If you don't want something like that maybe just an alpine amp. Really look into cadence and sundown tho. Lol but that alpine amp thing is pretty slick. JMO

·
Registered
819 Posts
I just put a JBL GTO5355 in my truck, sounds great. It is 55 watts rms X 4 plus 225 rms to a sub. It is a five channel amp. I like it cause you dont have to have 2 amps and it was only $235 shipped from autotoys.com. I will take pictures of the system later on. I dont have my sub installed yet, need to build the box.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm running an ED Nine.4, 4 x 65w @ 4ohms- to 4 db650's in my doors.
Elemental Designs ,
5 year warranty if bought new, I got mine on sale for 185 couple of years ago. They have B-stock sometimes, give them a call.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am installing CDT CL-62 6.5" components in front and coax in the rear doors on my crewmax. I chose the RE Audio XT800.4v3 made by US Amps. I hear good things plus it will match my RE XT2000DEv3 that will run my RE SL12 sub. Good prices as well.

XT SERIES :: US AMPS

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am installing CDT CL-62 6.5" components in front and coax in the rear doors on my crewmax. I chose the RE Audio XT800.4v3 made by US Amps. I hear good things plus it will match my RE XT2000DEv3 that will run my RE SL12 sub. Good prices as well.

XT SERIES :: US AMPS
I have heard a few good things about RE Audio, but nothing too solid. Its always someone knows someone, so its hard to get a good fix on what performance it puts out. I have seen a few RE products on ebay, along with this amp and shallow subs that I want to place in the truck as well. I will look it over and see what I come up with. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts