Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm not a fan if aftermarket Audio In modern vehicles because I like the look of the factory dashboard. This, however, keeps the look of a factory Dash, right down to and including having knobs and buttons! The cost is of course a smaller screen, but I don't care. I just want the addition of a back up camera and navigation. What I do not want, however, is any downgrade an audio quality. I am very happy with the basic SR5 package radio already in the car sound-wise

thanks for the feedback

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m so sorry I was never notified of your replies :(

it’s unbranded (worrisome) but on Amazon. There are several with no buttons knobs but this one looks stock.

reviews are spotty… hearing a 20-30 second boot time, hearing a failed unit after 6 months, hearing radio “app” is useless.
Many say fit is perfect, they said steering wheel buttons (doesn’t apply to me) work fine, buttons feel cheaper than stock

skins quality is equal or better. Not sure. I may hold off and hope that production doesn’t stopbecause of the age of the trucks and desire for larger screens. I’d prefer the knobs and buttons hands down. I just want BTsteaming and a backup cam but not if it meant issues I don’t currently have

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all!

I decided against an aftermarket radio. I briefly had use of a 2012 tundra and was quite in love with the stock BT streaming radio in it, which would bolt right in place of my non-BT head unit.

I was wondering if someone that has a 13 or older bluetooth radio could tell me the model number so I can snag one and install it.

Also, the clock spring (transfers all data air bag cruise from steering wheel to the rest of the truck) is the same on tundras with and without steering wheel controls. This said, there is a chance simply adding that steering wheel could give me use of those controls as well; toyota likely wired all trucks the same. My previous 2002 ES 300 was wired for heated seats and only requiured cushions and a climate control unit with the bottons to work. Was also wired for rear sunshade and adjustable suspension so the steering wheel controls have some hope.... But all i really hope to accomplish is the bluetooth radio

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

if anyone knows if the harnesses on the back of the radios ARENT the same, i'd want to know. This is a major possibility of the unit i am asking about (stock non-navigation 2012 Bluteooth head unit) is JBL and certainly wont work if it has an external amplifier

i have a $17 bluetooth transmitter. It sucks. The radio in that 2012 was all i'd ever need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.